What's new

✅ SOLVED Civil war sword hangar?

JmCraz8

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2011
Messages
1,637
Reaction score
785
Golden Thread
0
Location
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Currently using: XP DEUS 2, GPX 4500 and the Garret Carrot lol
Have used: Garret Ace 250, Garret AT Pro, XP DEUS, Garret Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Need some more opinions either sword plate hangar or part of a horse harness. Found in a civil war area with lots of activity a site where I've found percussion caps, my first confederate bullet and numerous horse shoes with square nails in them. If it is what I think how can I tell if it's Yankee or confederate?
 

Attachments

  • 20180311_214422.webp
    20180311_214422.webp
    639.9 KB · Views: 116
  • 20180311_214410.webp
    20180311_214410.webp
    664.1 KB · Views: 99
Sword Hanger or not... That's a nice one.
 
Upvote 0
Very nice finds. I am by no means an expert but it looks just like the snap hook for a link strap that is pictured in this quarters American Digger magazine Vol 14, Issue 2.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Leech and rigdon made nice colt revolver copies as well, I have a copy of their copy. Super nice hanger! Congrats
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom