What's new

CKG Scoop?

Luckyjinks59

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 29, 2023
Messages
40
Reaction score
52
Golden Thread
0
Location
Saint Petersburg, Florida
Detector(s) used
CZ21 Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
A friend of mine is looking at scoops. He is looking to get the best possible price on a CKG 11x8. My question is there any difference between the ones on Amazon VS anywhere else? In the ads, the only two things I see are a weight difference and no CKG markings. This is his first scoop, as he is just now starting to water hunt
 
If it's lighter and not marked "CKG" then it must be a Chinese knockoff. Amazon allows way too many knockoffs on their site.
 
It's just a scoop not some fancy electronic gizmo. I have no idea who makes mine (nor do I care) it was cheap on ebay and has worked fine for years. I like analogies. Especially for a new person - don't worry about a valve stem cover, when it's the engine you need to be concerned with. What good is a high dollar scoop if you have nothing to scoop up? So to me it would be best to learn your detector and research locations first. A person that knows his Bounty Hunter can smoke someone with a mine lab they know nothing of.
 
Knockoffs will rust faster and they're poorly welded. Not to mention they're stealing from the company that makes the product. Nothing wrong with a cheap sand scoop, but claiming it's a CKG scoop is wrong and illegal.
 
A good scoop makes a difference when you are hunting saltwater beaches, cheap scoops do not last, nothing more frustrating than being at beach and breaking your scoop or detector. I always take 2 good scoops and 2 detectors just incase something breaks down.

But the best scoop you can, 5 years down the road you can still sell it for 75+% of what you paid, I've done it multiple times.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom