Clad , a couple Silver, and the Hitchhiker

Ca70

Jan 9, 2013
Northern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab GP3000, GP3500 , Whites MXT Pro, GMT , Tesoro Sand Shark, Fisher Gold Bug , Sun-Ray DX-1 probe, Falcon MD-20, Minelab PF-25
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A town site near me . Crews were getting ready to tear up the sidewalk to make way for wheel chair access in a old part of town with 16" high sidewalks. Historic bricks, gone, stamped wagon way arrows, gone. Out with the old in with the "new" "better" "more correct " sidewalk.
Nonetheless , I decided to scoot in , and detect the grass strips in between the homefronts, and the street. You know, those litttle strips of grass that "used" to be in front of homes when we were kids.
I hit some clad , a couple of silver ; in great shape, and a foreign coin, far far from where it came from. Never found one before. but I'll try to get back before the big equipment gets there ,and see if there's more.
Come to find out,the German coin , it's bronze, not copper. Cool find . not worth much but different and unexpected. Those three were all about in the same hole, and in great condition, after a little cleaning I wasnt worried about de-value, but seeing what was under the grime and grit.

image-2295783539.jpg

closer inspection >

image-1974308390.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wonderful finds! "Parking strips" as I call them, are great places to detect. They are being replaced with cement more and more these days. A real bummer.

Great finds... Those are some nice coins... Congrats...:hello2:

very nice finds congrats HH.

Nice looking Buffalo! What's the date? Keep up the good work.

Thanks . The Buff is 35'

image-4007073362.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back