Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I checked out 3 new spots Sunday, none panned out, so I headed for the park, at lest it is relaxing there. The finds are getting fewer, but it's still a very enjoyable place to be.
About an hour and a half of digging and my back started complaining, so I headed to the swing set to check it out before I called it a day. I'm busy head down swinging and listening, I look up to see where the swings are so I don't look like a total idiot and walk into them :tongue3:, and there is this black square thing laying under one of the swings, it's a wallet!
People have passed by here, but yet I'm the first to see it :icon_scratch:
I headed to the truck to check it out, no driver license, or money in it but it does contain a debit bank card, 2 YMCA membership cards under a different first name, several bus passes, & business cards from shops in the area.
With out an address or phone number, to contact the owner, and that it may belong to a school kid, whom no one will give out info on, I will hand it over to the local PD today, they have more resources than I do to locate the owner.

image.jpg ...my search goes on for that illusive gold ring, if I don't stop making unusual finds by spotting them, my detector is going to disown me! :laughing7:

Upvote 11

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Always, always remember to ALSO keep your eye sharp when hunting. Sometimes, I forget and just start listening to the detector. I once walked right over a rather large bracelet and never saw it. I just happened to be doing a light grid that day and happened to walk right back near it. But, still, my detector said "HEY!! IDIOT!!! LOOK DOWN!!" LOL

Congrats on the nice day and for doing the right thing with the wallet. Somebody's very unhappy right now. :)

WTG!

park pirate

Gold Member
May 16, 2013
City of Rensselaer (upstate NY)
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800-Explorer SE -Sovereign-GT- -Whites 6000 Di pro SL-Specturm XLT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find Msbeepbeep, looks like an authentic coach wallet, if so about $250-350 bucks for that baby, but you did the right thing turning it in...:icon_thumright:

sutphin

Gold Member
Oct 2, 2013
brunswick md
Detector(s) used
WHITES 5900, MXT 300, MXT PRO, MXT ALL PRO/ 8X6 SEF COIL
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
BEEPBEEP YOU GOT AN ASSORTED BUNCH OF FINDS THAT ARE COOL AND NEAT .....

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looks like you had a nice hunt. :thumbsup: Sorry your 1st three sites didn't pan out, it happens to all of us.

qaela4

Bronze Member
Jul 24, 2014
Keene, New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Silver,Tesoro Silver Sabre uMax.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
No money or DL, I think someone did find it before you. Good idea with turning it in. Keep plugging(:laughing7:) away you will find that elusive gold.

JeffInMass

Silver Member
Jan 14, 2006
Cape Cod
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Explorer XS, Fisher CZ6A
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi my friend! Turning that in is a VERY good deed- you're good people. Good things are sure to happen for you. That elusive gold ring cannot be far off....

-- Jeff --

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You might try going to your closest YMCA. They would be able to trace the owner by their I.D. # on the card.

OP
OP
M

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WHADIFIND - Thank you! I've Been spotting better finds than the detector...I just may try dowsing rods!
My son put the T-Net app on my ph and now I can't log in, post or like, all I can do is read posts.

ParkPirate-Thanks! That's the most pricey find I've made in a while ($250-350 wallet) but then I couldn't tell ya if it was real or fake.

Sutphin-Thanks! I like my "X" thingy!

Loco- ya we have to weed out the not so good spots, so we know where to go when time is short.

Qaela4-the wallet probably was raided and tossed under the swings, but at lest he gets back his debit card.

Vol1266-X-Thank you Quindy! Hopefully the PD returned by now.

Jeff- Thank you! At this point I would settle for my Internet service back! Son put the TNet app on my phone now I can't talk to anyone, just read.

Trezurehunter- I can still call the YMCA and tell them the PD has his wallet.

Thanks guys very much for the comments, hopefully it doesn't rain Sunday and I can MD!
Now if I just could work out the Internet service it would be "golden"!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya know....I'm thinking you shouldn't worry so much about the net. You just concentrate on hunting and enjoying as much as you can.
I suspect, that when you finally find that elusive find you're searching for, you won't have ANY problem finding a way to share it with
all your friends here!

:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread