Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all. Searched 3 boxes of halves today. No silver but got these coins:

image-4278176817.jpg

Two are s mint proofs. At least they aren't painted.

Upvote 0
Nice find on the business strike Statue of Liberty. Typically, the uncirculated issues have a lower mintage than the equivalent proof. Consequently, they carry a higher premium. Unfortunately, in the case of the '86 SoL commems, the Mint issued a craptastic amount keeping the values down on those in original mint packaging. With evidence of circulation, they might carry a buck or two over face.

Diver_Down said:
Nice find on the business strike Statue of Liberty. Typically, the uncirculated issues have a lower mintage than the equivalent proof. Consequently, they carry a higher premium. Unfortunately, in the case of the '86 SoL commems, the Mint issued a craptastic amount keeping the values down on those in original mint packaging. With evidence of circulation, they might carry a buck or two over face.

Ya not excited about these coins. Just keep them cause they are different. Would really rather just find silver.

50cent said:
Would rather find one of those than some silver, and I ain't no clad luva.

I wonder if any of my silver sniping tellers feel that way. One girl, after selling me her halves, showed me what she was holding back: a 40% and one of those ridiculous colorized kennedies. Next time I see her ill offer to trade the clad commem.

Find one not, want to buy or exchange for one. I found silver CRH, never any commemorates, just think it'd be interesting to FIND in a roll.

I'd go for the 40% & not the colored one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back