What's new

Clad...what to do with it?

fish1on

Silver Member
Joined
Aug 28, 2012
Messages
3,056
Reaction score
1,405
Golden Thread
0
Location
Farr West, utah
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70 with 6.5", 10" Elliptical, & 11" Search Coil. Garret pro pointer AT, Minelab excaliber II (New machine)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was just wondering what you all do with your clad coins? I clean them up (rough clean by just soaking in mild soap water) and store in a jar to cash in at the bank tumbler but many are still kinda dirty and laden with heavier deposits and get sent back out.

What do you do to clean the coins up and do you cash them in?
 
I use a rock tumbler and clean them just enough to pass through the coin machine.

Sent from my iPhone using TreasureNet
 
I also use a rock tumbler and take them to the bank. Had a good summer 1945 pennies 175 nickels 577 dimes & 346 quarters. Just cashed them in Tuesday of this week.. Kellyco sells a powder that I use for the really dirty coins. that you mix with water. It cleans really good. I save the liquid and use it again a few more times as a bag of it is not cheap.. But 1 bag last me a long time . If you look in here for my thread you will see a few pics of the coins that were cleaned with the powder. Good Hunting Shane
 
Well, if you want to have some fun just take a pocket full of the chewed up clad to a crowed mall during their busy time and drop it at a cash register when someone is making a purchase, and do the same thing in the main mall and watch people scramble for it. :icon_thumright:

I'm not allowed in malls anymore, but I would love to be able to do that again :laughing7:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom