What's new

Claim Jumper, Advise Needed.

TreasureTails,
From what I read you have no interest in this sight anymore, but your friends don't seem to want to include you. I guess I would ask them about it and see what their response was, then decide from there.
As for me, I haven't talked to my friend yet. I told him about another place that I have been researching and he said he knew the landowner and would secure permission. He sent me and email say how he would not hunt it until I was with him, I sent and email back saying it would be his permission not mine, I could only hunt it with him and he could hunt it anytime he wanted. Maybe this little hint will hit home with him.
LR
Oh, some of y'all are a little harsh, just bust a cap in him and be done with it! LOL, I don't think I'll take this route.
 
may all be a Miscommunication
. Dosn't hurt to
Be friendly about it till you know.
and decide whether it's worth the hassle.


I got a couple of friends who Won't hunt spots I show them
unless I am there, Even though I Told them they can ;D

Then I Met a few who as soon as I mention a spot I would like to hunt
will Run there right away and start Hunting it.
(which I have purposly done already
so they would clean out some of the trash :P )

Of course I'm not talking the spots Permission is Needed.
 
Jeff,
I do like the way a conniving mind works.
How absolutely diabolical. LOL
I love it. :D

Thom
 
TreasureTales said:
All good responses.

I have a similar problem. I hope I don't offend LaRoper by posting it on his thread. If so, I'll gladly delete this post.

After weeks of research and some personal expense, I found an older logging camp, and the current owner of the land and asked his permission to hunt the area. OK, permission granted. Then I drove a couple of my friends to see the site, and while there we met the owner in person. I was polite and introduced my friends to the man upon whose property the old camp sat. We kicked around the place, it wasn't as old as I had expected, so we left and that was that....or so I thought.

Recently when I've talked to those same friends, they keep talking about how THEY want to go visit this man again and get to know more about the area and pick his brain for further info about the lumber camp or any other potential treasure hunting sites. They never mention asking me to join them and in fact intimate that they would prefer I not go with them. They seem to have even forgotten how they met this man in the first place.

Am I being petty or selfish when I say this irritates the daylights out of me? I feel they are taking advantage of my generosity. And I am concerned their behavior towards the landowner may reflect badly on me since I introduced them to him initially.

Am I wrong or are they? Or do you see no problems. Or what do you suggest, if anything? Frankly, I'm pissed off at them.

TT You said you kicked around some & the place wasn't as old you thought so you left & that was that . That leads
me to believe you were not interested anymore . If I am right so far , did you express to your friends that you were
not interested in the site ? If so they may not be purposely shutting you out , maybe they just think you're not
interested but they are .
 
Had the same happen to me once. I took a guy to one of my sites to see if he could find his first hammered coin. After about one hour he found a penny of Edward 1 13/14Th century. He actually went back to the site and told the farmer he was my cousin to get permission to search, how sad is that !. Still it taught me a valuable lesson.

HH- Robert.
 
NEVER ASSUME ANYTHING! THEY SHOULD OF ASKED YOU. THEY TOOK ADVANTAGE AND BROKE A TRUST. IT'S ALL ON THEM!!!!
 
There are some things in life it best not to share; women, fishing holes, huntin spots, dtecting locations.....
BTW anyone know of any good spots in MA thats looking for a slightly used wife? ;)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom