Class ring found in sewer 51 years later

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
This should have been a Banner Nomination, just for the information it contains.

Think about it. Where do most lost rings end up at?

Where are the sewage overflows at?

Where would gold end up at such places? THINK PEOPLE!!!!

I was good friends with a retired sanitation worker here in Portland. He used to work on a vacuum truck, which would suck out the rocks and debris found in sewage traps. The best gig on the job was to be shoveling the load on the dumptruck as it came out of the suction pipe. My friend claimed to have found 30 gold rings in one day while doing this. Don't know what his total ring/coins/valuables collection was. But it seems likely the new gold rush will be in sewage dump trucks.

Here's another thought: wonder where the debris gets dumped. Don't you?

OP
OP
D

DanRiverMan

Dec 13, 2009
Rockingham County, NC
Detector(s) used
E-TRAC - Tesoro Vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was blown away with the number of comments about people posting of losing rings and stuff that most were never found...Lots of clues and even possible leads in there..It is good basic information on what people are doing, when, where, and how the jewery was lost..

I am not an expert on the sewage system or it's workings but I need to study up on that..I do know that most all cities have storm drains where they collect rain/flood overflow that carries somewhere and dumps..That would be a good follow up to locate the end of those also..Imagine city/sidwalk debris that gets washed down...Anyway, knowledge is king....

Scott

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread