What's new

Claw fossil on both sides of this stone?

Silvertip1958

Jr. Member
Joined
Mar 8, 2013
Messages
37
Reaction score
49
Golden Thread
0
I know nothing about fossils but this looks like some kind of petrified claw fossil. It is about 2" long at the widest point. Is it a claw fossil or just my imagination?
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    440.5 KB · Views: 210
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    532.7 KB · Views: 200
looks to be fragments of a couple of bivalves, that "phantom" you see on the other side is just part of the fossilization process.
 
I agree with Perico, fossil oyster
 
looks to be fragments of a couple of bivalves, that "phantom" you see on the other side is just part of the fossilization process.

Thank you for taking the time! I was sure it was a claw.
 
looks to be fragments of a couple of bivalves, that "phantom" you see on the other side is just part of the fossilization process.

Thank you for taking the time! I was sure it was a claw.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom