What's new

Clean up on Mercury Dime with Bezel

Jaws2

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 15, 2009
Messages
408
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign GT, Excalibur 11, Fisher F75
Clean up on Mercury Dime with Bezel, must be two dimes in bezel holder?

I took a propane torch to it, the bulk of the build up came off with a pop, exploded when it got hot the rest of it started to crumble when I put more heat to the coin and than I just scraped it off with my finger nail.
 

Attachments

  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    91.1 KB · Views: 771
  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    20.8 KB · Views: 802
  • 003.webp
    003.webp
    17.4 KB · Views: 772
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    21 KB · Views: 748
  • 004.webp
    004.webp
    91.1 KB · Views: 725
two different dimes... wow... I like the back of the merc better...

Chukers
 
Great job cleaning that up! That is a unique find. HH -Garbageman
 
Must be two different dimes, the back is to a Rosie.
 
if u can get the top to unscrew u can get the coins out and clean it up even more :icon_thumleft: MR TUFF
 
I agree with Mr. Tuff !! Maybe a mini treasure map inside, between the two coins. ??? :icon_scratch: :tongue3: :laughing7:

Good clean up, how did you do it ? :dontknow:

Keep @ it and HH !! :D ;D
 
Nice find , just how did you clean that up ? soak or electrolysis .
 
maybe there is a Barber in the center... that would be neat :icon_pirat: MR TUFF
 
MUD(S.W.A.T) said:
I agree with Mr. Tuff !! Maybe a mini treasure map inside, between the two coins. ??? :icon_scratch: :tongue3: :laughing7:

Good clean up, how did you do it ? :dontknow:

Keep @ it and HH !! :D ;D

I took a propane torch to it, the bulk of the build up came off with a pop, exploded when it got hot the rest of it started to crumble when I put more heat to the coin and than I just scraped it off with my finger nail.
 
Wow, :o ???

That worked out good !! :icon_thumleft: :headbang:

Keep @ it and HH !! :D ;D
 
Hey that looks a lot better! How did you clean it?...JK. lol, couldn't resist. That seriously looks really good I would definitely think about making a wearable necklace out of that! Thanks for sharing.


TG
 
awsome clean up job :icon_thumleft:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom