Cleangold sluice - Anyone try one?

kilnmaint

Apr 3, 2009
Homewood, Al
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I bought one of these. Basically a small sluice trough with a magnet attached to the bottom. The idea is that the magnetic sand forms ridges following the magnetic forces and the gold hangs in the troughs!! I tried it a few times and got a layer of magnetic sand ( except one place I go the black sand is not magnetic). I dont see the positive to it. You have to classify the cons to get large rocks and pebbles out. You still have to pan the gold out of the magnetic sand!! I have the smallest unit they sell and my opinion is that it is $40.00 up a wild hogs A$$. Remember the guy selling this a a "scientist" who left his job to surf the beaches!! Supposedly his invention will stop the third world countries from using mercury to get the fine gold.

beaks

Jul 8, 2008
texas
Detector(s) used
garrett 2500
the problem with this sluice is if there are very small amounts of magnetics you have to add your own.

its sort of like using a shaker table with magnetic seperation.

it works but it aint getting all of your gold.

the only way to get the majority of your gold is to prep your cons (remove sulfides, oil, etc) and suck that yeller stuff out with chemicals.

remove the nugs and pickers then leach the crap out of it.
it takes more time but if you are working some good rich ground it can be well worth the extra time and effort.(dont process gold inside your house because ya never know what is trapped inside your ore and its not worth killing yourself no matter how much gold you recover)

if you want to try a homemade cleangold just hook some magnets and a vibrator to a gutter and shoot for the moon LOL.

dont waste the cash, make your own and spend your money to take the old lady out to dinner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread