What's new

Cleaning Silver.

silvershark

Full Member
Joined
Feb 1, 2007
Messages
166
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Illinois
I managed to pull a few mercs out of the drawer at work today and I was wondering is there is a safe way to clean them without reducing the value. I have heard that the olive oil soak works well but I want a collective opinon of everyone on here.

thanks.

-SS
 
I have never heard of one. I use silver cream like others if it's not a key coin, which I have never found one of.
 
Just rinse off any dirt and pat them dry with a soft cloth. Do not rub or polish them. Even a non key date mercury dime can be worth a fair amount in better condition, a polishing will reduce them to silver content.
 
any cleaning will hurt the value. but a little toothpast works to polish them up
 
Why do you want a shiny circultated coin? I've never quite understood this. It looks unnatural and takes away any potential value. So whats the point?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom