What's new

Amazing & Rare 1848 Seated Liberty Quarter

Carolina Relic Hunter

Full Member
Joined
May 30, 2021
Messages
231
Reaction score
1,813
Golden Thread
1
Location
Rock Hill, SC
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & 900, Nokta Pulsedive, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Headed back to an 1855 home today. We’d been there once before pulling a total of 8 silver Rosie, Merc and barber dimes. After about four hours and not a single silver today. I decided to detect the driveway edge back to the car for drink. On the way I hit a mid-80’s on the 900 at a depth of 2 inches. I assumed it would be a clad quarter so I used my hand digger and this coin flipped out. Caked in dirt and shared it with a friend and carefully sprayed it clean.

Later I was amazed to find just how rare this one is.

The 1848 Seated Liberty quarter is a scarce and highly collectible coin with a low mintage of just 146,000 pieces. Struck only at the Philadelphia Mint
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6771.webp
    IMG_6771.webp
    551.7 KB · Views: 344
  • IMG_6772.webp
    IMG_6772.webp
    720.1 KB · Views: 195
Upvote 47
The scratches on the reverse would prohibit it was getting a grade. If they put it in a slab it would say “genuine” but no way would it get a numerical grade.
Yeah, or marked "environmental damage". Either way I'm very happy to have found it and add it to my collection.
 
If I were to have found "that particular " coin , I would never get rid of it !
Yep, I have absolutely no plans of getting rid of it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom