What's new

Clipped KG2 fancy button and cannon ball

trapperart

Platinum Member
Joined
Dec 12, 2015
Messages
16,165
Reaction score
13,042
Golden Thread
2
Location
Maryland's eastern shore
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
whites MXTPro whites MXSport
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Found these treasures this morning on a 3 hour hunt at one of my old permissions in a fallow grass field, that I never hunted. The cannon ball was a complete shock, it rang up like foil. I really like the fancy button with the holes. Really felt good to find another good spot on that site. Good luck to all. Art
 

Attachments

  • _20160927_134810.webp
    _20160927_134810.webp
    283.6 KB · Views: 125
  • _20160927_134656.webp
    _20160927_134656.webp
    138.3 KB · Views: 113
  • _20160927_134516.webp
    _20160927_134516.webp
    280.1 KB · Views: 118
  • _20160927_134405.webp
    _20160927_134405.webp
    232 KB · Views: 122
  • _20160927_125744.webp
    _20160927_125744.webp
    2.2 MB · Views: 122
Upvote 34
outstanding.gif
Nice finds! Thanks for sharing...
 
Cool finds art, love that cannonball!
 
Very nice. Is that cannonball 6.1 lbs by chance?
 
Sweet cannonball! All I ever find is cannister and grape....
 
Fallow field my arse, that has plenty of MDing crop to harvest. Congrats on those neat finds. The cannon ball ringing as foil is quite odd :dontknow: being a coin shooter, you gotta know that I am drooling over the clipped KG.
 
Awesome relic hunt with a KG thrown in for good measure! :occasion14:
 
Great finds. I would like to find a canon ball. Don't live in an area that has that kind of history.

Congratulations!
 
Last edited:
Nice haul Art. Strange way for a KG to be cut. Interesting.
 
6.1 lbs or 2.7 lbs.
Get hit by either one, and the size won't matter
Congrats on a nice hunt and new spot
 
Very nice finds . Congratulations on the ball trapper.. That is one sweet button too
 
Cannon ball cleaned

Here's a pic after cleaning and sealing and making a base. Good luck to all. Art
 

Attachments

  • _20160928_102202.webp
    _20160928_102202.webp
    112.7 KB · Views: 95
Art--awesome finds, and the design/filigree work on that fancy button is SO sweet! Congrats. --Lisa & John
 
Congrats.On that cannonball.I haven't found one yet.One day...
 
Sweet hunt!! That cannon ball cleaned up Great and looks Sweet on that stand!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom