What's new

Close Calls

Dharmacy

Sr. Member
Joined
Nov 1, 2006
Messages
466
Reaction score
908
Golden Thread
0
Location
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Varies with location and conditions.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As relic hunters, we all dream of recovering an accroutment plate, and finding one here, hunting sites of the Atlanta Campaign, they don't come up too often anymore. Here are a few of my close calls, melted puppy paw hooks, arrow hooks, and the very rough remains of a Union box plate.

D.
 

Attachments

  • image.webp
    image.webp
    1.1 MB · Views: 99
  • image.webp
    image.webp
    1.2 MB · Views: 99
Upvote 0
I feel ya , wish I could go back about 20 -50 years .

I have never dug just hooks , did you ever recover a complete plate ?

As you stated ' Rare finds around the ATL.
 
I feel ya , wish I could go back about 20 -50 years .

I have never dug just hooks , did you ever recover a complete plate ?

As you stated ' Rare finds around the ATL.

I can think of three instances where I was out digging and someone recovered a plate, but as for me the closest I have came are these. I have recovered a carbine sling buckle and batwing, you can see them in another post. I did recover an interesting belt plate marked Georgia from the Atlanta Defense Line near Vinings, but do not include it as it is not verified as CW. The patina looks good, but until I can get a positive ID, it just an interesting belt plate.

D.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom