What's new

CLose up View of the Diamond Back Scoop Fiberglass Handle

guzz1

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2007
Messages
1,509
Reaction score
33
Golden Thread
0
Location
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thought I Would share this for those interested in Getting a new water scoop..GUZZ1
 

Attachments

  • P5291507.webp
    P5291507.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 879
  • P5291508.webp
    P5291508.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 897
  • P5291510.webp
    P5291510.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 871
  • P5291511.webp
    P5291511.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 837
Upvote 0
Sorry Gary, I can't find the web site. Please repeat.
Large hole diameter is?
I'm getting closer to ordering.

Thanks.

NEVER MIND, I found it.
 
Just got off the phone with Travis, I should get my 48" diamondhead by Friday.
I never realized how annoying a twisting scoop was until brought to my attention.

Yesterday I worked a beach that was very shelly (is that a word?) Hopefully a pointed scoop will aid in the process.

Thanks to all that volunteered input and info.
 
Beachnick, you can order the nutall scoop from travis Nutall. It is called the diamond back Nutall. His phone nu. is 727 492 7928. He seems like a nice guy to deal with. They cost $159.00 and $12.00 to ship. You can get it with a 40" or 48" handle. My sunspot scoops are good,but the point on the nutall seems like it will realy dig into a hard bottom. Plus as I have stated the oak handles both broke on me and they are only 40". Good luck. Mike.
 
Guys, I have used my Diamond Head scoop for about a week now and I love it! It is not heavy at all (well, for me it isn't heavy) I have no problems wrenching hard on the handle, no problems with heavy shell areas and water filters out rather quickly.

I do not use this scoop in the dry sand, I have a different scoop for that but I like how the waves do not bounce the scoop off of my leg when I am in waist to chest deep water in the ocean.

You'll also love the foot pad when digging deep with it.
 
Go with the nuttall. Its a great scoop Fiberglass handle is the ticket... guzz1
 
Is there a discount/promo code available?
 
fwiw,I have the original with the stainless steel handle, two things to keep in mind . One the kick pad being stainless is at times slippery. I need to modify that. Two because of its pointed shape it is prone to damaging delicate items, and I myself find that shape makes picking an item on first more challenging. Kinda end up with an ice cream cone shaped hole. I seem to recover items more quickly with a scoop that has a rounded front edge. Ymmv
 
Who makes that scoop? Thanks.
 
I love the looks of that scoop. I gotta get one. Thanks for sharing.
 
Okay i just googled diamondback beach scoop and got nothing. How do i get one of those guzz??
 
Okay i should read all posts first before asking questions. I will smack myself in the head. Ow!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom