What's new

CLose up View of the Diamond Back Scoop Fiberglass Handle

guzz1

Bronze Member
Joined
Nov 7, 2007
Messages
1,509
Reaction score
33
Golden Thread
0
Location
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Thought I Would share this for those interested in Getting a new water scoop..GUZZ1
 

Attachments

  • P5291507.webp
    P5291507.webp
    23.3 KB · Views: 879
  • P5291508.webp
    P5291508.webp
    29.2 KB · Views: 897
  • P5291510.webp
    P5291510.webp
    24.6 KB · Views: 871
  • P5291511.webp
    P5291511.webp
    28.2 KB · Views: 837
Upvote 0
Yea know this scoop has a lot going for it. I like the addition of a top for keeping the goodies in the basket in the surf.
 
Looks good Guzz1, you know you have to housebreak it though right? Put it to sleep with some gold in it overnight for good luck :icon_jokercolor:
Glenn
 
I'm interested in hearing how you feel about the fiberglass handle.
 
Re: Close up View of the Diamond Back Scoop Fiberglass Handle

Less of a lightning rod with the fiberglass handle I suppose. :icon_sunny:

Is there less weight to it, vs the steel handle? The original scoops were pretty heavy to lug around.
 
................but do you feel confident in digging with it? It looks nice and aggressive, my only concern would be the handle ......let me know how you feel about it once you've had it in the water. :thumbsup:
 
Hey 954 hunter
This may answer your question on the Diamond Head, if you haven't read all the posts on it yet.

Hey Montauk3, the handle has no issues, it's tougher then oak and i have all the confinance it will hold up.

Take a look in your big box stores and check out how many shovels and commercial hand tool makers
have gone the fiberglass route. Even garden & lawn have switched over, yes, the age of wood has come to
an end.
As for retrieving targets there again, no problems or i wouldn't have purchased a second one.

Twisting........ has NEVER! happen, not even when I stepped wrong, it dung in!
 
Hey paul weight not bad at all ,, lighter that the sunspot .. so far happy with it . read my post ordered new scoop. tells it all pros and cons Guzz1
 
A lot of fire departments are switching to fiberglass handles on there axes and tools....fiberglass handles are three times stronger with no maintenance to speak of.......Believe me when I tell you fireman abuse axes to the max....rdi
 
Hey    All  The  new  scoop works  really  well  with  very  little  effort.  Your  pinpointing  has  to  be  pretty  much right  on though  because  the  diamond  head has  a  narrow  mouth . With  a  little  more  practice  it  should  be  fine  .. I  missed  a  few  targets  TODAY because  of  crappy  pinpointing  ,,,My  fault ,,  not  the  scoop....  The  scoop  did not  twist  on  me one  time  ,,, straight  down  into  sand  like  butter..  I  give  the  scoop  a 10  for  penetration . weight  another  10 .  design  10 . Overall  great  scoop  I  would  recommend it  for  sure ,,, however  bone  up  on the  pinpointing and  practice with  it ....    Guzz1
 
Guzz....going tomorrow afternoon for an overnighter, will probably hunt north of you....taking my old stand by the diamond and the Sunspot scoop.... this trip I hope to make up my mind to keep the sunspot or sell it....the Boss can't understand why we need 6 scoops.....rdi
 
Have a good hunt ,,,,, you guys be safe Guzz1
 
guzz,

Your thoughts and opinion's on the Diamond Head, carry a ton of weight my friend.
I don't know anyone who has tried and tested more equipment then you have, if I did my wife would
send me packing! ;D

You even tried two of the biggest bite scoops on the market today, I should know! wanted to buy your
last one for a gift to my hunting partner. His fell apart and he is fond of that style.

Thanks guzz :thumbsup:
 
guzz1 said:
Hey All The new scoop works really well with very little effort. Your pinpointing has to be pretty much right on though because the diamond head has a narrow mouth . With a little more practice it should be fine .. I missed a few targets TODAY because of crappy pinpointing ,,,My fault ,, not the scoop.... The scoop did not twist on me one time ,,, straight down into sand like butter.. I give the scoop a 10 for penetration . weight another 10 . design 10 . Overall great scoop I would recommend it for sure ,,, however bone up on the pinpointing and practice with it .... Guzz1

Good to hear. :thumbsup:
 
Thanks a bunch bruce ..The sunspot is a great scoop but the twisting and weight issues drove me nuts ..you'll be very pleased with the Diamond head ....fiberglass handle is the best ,,it cut the weight down... and no twisting ,,,, WOW!!! HH guzz1
 
Hey 954 The handle is no problem Travis reassured me of that . I had same ?? Like RDI said. fire dept's are using fiberglass on the ax handle all over the country,,, thats goo enough for me ... hey good luck in your quest for a new scoop . HH Guzz1
 
Greetings all,I am new to this forum so a Big Greeting from me to all of you.I have been TH'NG for 25 yrs or so,anyway where can I order this beach scoop,looks like a good one.thanks.
 
If a fireman is able to advise a fiberglass handle, that's GOT to be a quality guarantee!

Those fellows just don't have the time to work with 2nd best.

Thank you for your service to others.
rmptr
 
HeY Beachnick
I have  the   diamond head  Scoop  and  theres  things   I like  about  it, and theres  things  I  don't  like  about    it .. I  lost 4 targets  today in the  deep  water . because you  have  to  dead  On the   target  ..  If you miss like  I  did  today.  the   target  seems  to travel  further  into  the  hole and  moves  around THATS ONLY A theory..  I'm  still  testing  it .  I'll  keep  you   posted   . Welcome .. by the  way,,  and   nice to  have  you  here ...  guzz1
 
I have 2 sun spots,I realy like them. I had no intention of changeing. Then I saw the a picture of the Nutall diamond head. I ordered 1 yesterday. Travis seems like a real nice guy. He is sending me a 48" handle,instead of a 40". I hunt in fresh water,some times up to my chin,bobbing on my toes. The extra 8" makes a difference. Sunspot is a great scoop,except for the oak handles. I broke both of mine in a few times out. Now I use aluminum ,works good. I will have to get used to the closed top. In calm water I don't need or like that. I figure 1 good ring found will pay for the new scoop. Happy hunting. :thumbsup: Mike.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom