DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Man I love that '48 Chevrolet woody wagon! Wish I could afford one...

I have owned a '48 Chev. Fleetmaster two-door Town Sedan for the last 20 years. 56K original miles. Super nice survivor "working man's car".

I don't show it much anymore. Most people at shows want to see 60 - 70's muscle or something exotic. Last time I showed I was parked between a late 60's Mopar muscle car and '58 Ford retractable (top partially open). My car was almost invisible. :sad10:

fyrffytr1

Gold Member
Mar 5, 2010
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man I love that '48 Chevrolet woody wagon! Wish I could afford one...

I have owned a '48 Chev. Fleetmaster two-door Town Sedan for the last 20 years. 56K original miles. Super nice survivor "working man's car".

I don't show it much anymore. Most people at shows want to see 60 - 70's muscle or something exotic. Last time I showed I was parked between a late 60's Mopar muscle car and '58 Ford retractable (top partially open). My car was almost invisible. :sad10:
Of those three, I would have looked at your car the most. Even though I own a "Muscle car" I really like the older stuff. I have two project cars, a 1950 and a 1939 Pontiac.

DCMatt

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2006
Herndon Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, EX II, & Musketeer, White's Classic
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Of those three, I would have looked at your car the most. Even though I own a "Muscle car" I really like the older stuff. I have two project cars, a 1950 and a 1939 Pontiac.
I had a '51 Chieftain 2 dr. many years ago - with the amber Indian head hood ornament that lit up at night. Pretty cool car but it was DOG slow (flathead straight 8 w/Hydra-Matic). The '39 has great lines. I recently saw a barn-find '39 on a YouTube video. It was a Canadian car with a Pontiac version of the old (1937 - 53) Chevy Stovebolt OHV 6 cylinder. I know the Canadian Pontiacs used Chevrolet engines well into the 50's. I've seen a '56 Pontiac with a 261 OHV 6 in it (only available for GM big trucks in the US).

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice! I’m obsessed with the 1969 SS
a good friend of ours passed earlier this year. He bought a 1969 SS396 brand new when I was a teenager. He passed away earlier this year, but still owns this Chevelle. His son now has it. It still looked like a brand new Chevelle.

devldog

Silver Member
Mar 9, 2012
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT ALL PRO, Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
They also brought us the firebird. My first car was a 1967 firebird …. My second car was a 1968 firebird. I wish I still had them!
The 68' Firebird was a good looking car. My first car was a 68' Mercury Cougar that I inherited from my Grandfather. I wish I still had it.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They also brought us the firebird. My first car was a 1967 firebird …. My second car was a 1968 firebird. I wish I still had them!
My Third Gen Firebird.

full front firebird.jpg

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First Saturday of the Month in my town of Lafayette Colorado they have this meet of cool vehicles. It's free to see and free to bring your ride. This is just a few of the wonderful vehicles you'll see there.
A long time friend of mind has a 1969 Chevy Camero z28 with 302 engine It was purchased used by him in 1971 He has done a complete resonation and he always had it stored indoors He paid about $2000.00 when he purchased it And now it s worth about $100000.00 In 1971 no one was thinking a 1969 Z28 302 Camero would become a car collector's dream .And while he always took good care of the things he owned It was not like he had a plan It just sort of turned out that way as time went on .During the time it was his primary transportation I got the chance to drive it Old cars are pretty cool And for many that have one they are the pride and joy of a lifetime of effort Very nice post And some fantastic old cars Very good post

Last edited:

billb

Silver Member
Sep 23, 2010
New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Excalibur2,,silver sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love car shows and thanks for sharing the special memories.
Love those beautiful cars

glass half fool

Bronze Member
Jul 17, 2017
North of the Mason Dixon line
Detector(s) used
White 5900DiPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My one older brother was a car nut for quite along time .And his favorite way to spend money was to buy muscle cars At one time he had a OLDS 422 It was a burnt orange color I do not remember what year it was but it sure went fast .At the same time he also had 2 Chevelle SS One was a dark green with a white convertible top and I believe it had a 396 motor in it The other one was blue and white And it had a 350 engine in in it I believe He owed several other muscle cars during that time H e was in the Army in the middle 60's and served as a tank repairman I think that is how he fell in love with all that power IHe had a 65 Chevelle some kinda of Buick model and another Chevy And while it was not the same as the other muscle cars he a Chevy El Camino also He is deceased now But I think about how much the Chevelles and442 would be worth if they where in the condition they herein when he owned them He would be rich and I would likely own at least one of them cars that he drove everyday in those times I wish I had a few pictures but no luck Thanks for starting this thread IT BRINGS BACK SOME GOOD TIMES . .. . .

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread