tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah the creatures of the night. Back in 2014 I was going over a gravel mountain pass very close to timberline and this large rabbit was running ahead of me and then got out of the way. I stopped and shot this picture with a Kodak Z650 digital camera with a flash. The odd thing was it was all black except for two thin lines of white on the backside of it back legs. It was a large rabbit or hair and to this day I'm not exactly sure of the breed of bunny this was? It may have been a Snowshoe Hair, but I don't think they ever have a black coat.

Attachments

• cotton wood night 2.jpg
    cotton wood night 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 35
Last edited:

newnan man

Gold Member
Aug 8, 2005
Beautiful Florida
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ah the creatures of the night. Back in 2014 I was going over a gravel mountain pass very close to timberline and this large rabbit was running ahead of me and then got out of the way. I stopped and shot this picture with a Kodak Z650 digital camera with a flash. The odd thing was it was all black except for two thin lines of white on the backside of it back legs. It was a large rabbit or hair and to this day I'm not exactly sure of the breed of bunny this was? It may have been a Snowshoe Hair, but I don't think they ever have a black coat.
Big ears, looks like a Hare. Nice pictures, beautiful country.

Last edited:

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Must have been pointed NW...looks like the Orion Constellation
in the background.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread