What's new

Coil warranty?

jadeblackhawk

Full Member
Joined
May 27, 2006
Messages
192
Reaction score
17
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Deus 2
Is there a coil warranty or just on the detector? Having problems with the stock coil and getting the run around. Pretty sure my detector warranty is expired, was willing to pay to have the coil fixed of whatever is wrong with it (starts falsing like crazy when it gets wet), but now I'm annoyed that they won't answer about sending in just the coil.
 
I hope you receive resolution!

When my AT Gold's 5" x 8" starting acting up, they said send it in for a check up. A few days later the tech said it was dead, but we can sell you a new one for $80 dollars. "Send a new coil please" and I never looked back.
 
I'm not buying another coil made by garrett if they won't fix it, that's for sure. I've never had a waterproof coil leak in 20 years. I can't even get a simple answer from them if they'll even look at it.
 
Finally got a new coil from Garrett. Will test it out in water today as soon as it warms up a bit. Tested it out in my back yard, sounds way different than the coil I sent in, which always gave broken, static filled signals, even over coins. Now it's smooth sounding. Still no silver in my yard though lol
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom