Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore, Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab Equinox 600, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi all!

Just a quick note that Steve's Detector Rods now has "spacers" available for our lower rods. These spacers are useful when your rubber washers begin to "wear down," due to sand, etc. By placing these thin spacers BEHIND your washers, they effectively work to help prevent coil ear breakage due to over-tightening of the coil bolt that becomes necessary when your washers become thinner, due to friction/wear. The spacers extend your rubber washer life, by preventing your washers from fitting as deeply into the "washer cavity" in the lower rod. The result is that the spacers effective "replace" the rubber that has worn away over time, and thus they restore the original, proper fit of your lower rod between your coil ears.

Please see my post, on my vendor page, for more information...

https://www.treasurenet.com/threads/coil-washer-spacers-now-available-for-steves-lower-rods.662849/

THANKS!

Steve
spacer.jpg
spacer-installed.jpg

Last edited:

ColonelDan

Jan 19, 2014
Central Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Deus II
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Great addition to your products list. These spacers will help prolong the life of both the washers and ....the EQX coil ears! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
THANKS, Dan! That's the goal!

Steve

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like they might be a good item to glue onto the coil ears when they get a groove worn in them.

OP
OP
sgoss66

sgoss66

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jan 11, 2011
Norman, OK
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
cudamark -- I hadn't thought about that, but yes -- I imagine that WOULD work...interesting thought!

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread