What's new

coils

kernel

Tenderfoot
Joined
Mar 12, 2010
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
What is the benefit of a 9x8 spoked coil over the 8" concentric coil that comes standard with the Sliver uMax. Increase in depth? I have a old Golden Saber that has been great, but may be on its last legs soon. I woulld like to get something close to it. One thing I would like to say about Tesoro's customer service is they have been very good to me.
 
On the silver u-max the 9x8 will probably give you a little more depth, depending on your soil. But I don't think it will be enough to justify the price. If you're going to buy the silver and a bigger coil, I would go for the 10x12. The 10x12 will give great depth in not so trashy areas with mild soil. I bought mine and then bought the 5.75". It is a must for any Tesoro. Then later you can get the bigger coil and go over the sites you have already hunted.

Good Luck
Randy
 
RPG: The 5.75 is for trashy areas when coinshooting, correct?
 
kernel said:
RPG: The 5.75 is for trashy areas when coinshooting, correct?

Yes, the 5.75 is great for coin shooting in trashy areas. It also works great relic hunting in iron infested sites and in places where you have a lot of weeds or tall grass. Easier to get the small coil in tight places. I keep the 5.75 on my Vaquero 85% of the time.
 
RPG: Thanks for the info and response. Good hunting!!!!!!!!!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom