J Joekapp11 Tenderfoot Joined Aug 6, 2019 Messages 2 Reaction score 11 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 6, 2019 #1 Any suggestions Attachments 20190806_092235_resized-2.webp 43.2 KB · Views: 162 20190805_104049_resized.webp 70.6 KB · Views: 177
fyrffytr1 Gold Member Joined Mar 5, 2010 Messages 7,742 Reaction score 12,709 Golden Thread 0 Location Southwest Georgia Detector(s) used XP Deus, White's DFX Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 6, 2019 #2 Maybe a British Farthing? The second picture is too blurry for my old eyesto make out but it looks like abust with lettering around the edge. Upvote 0
Maybe a British Farthing? The second picture is too blurry for my old eyesto make out but it looks like abust with lettering around the edge.
C cantworkthesite Greenie Joined Jul 17, 2019 Messages 14 Reaction score 15 Golden Thread 0 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 7, 2019 #3 I suspect your coin is much older than 1721.In fact (I'm assuming it's copper??) it looks a lot like a C. 1589 to 1650 type French copper double tournois coin. At least from what I can see. I assume the reverse is blank? Upvote 0
I suspect your coin is much older than 1721.In fact (I'm assuming it's copper??) it looks a lot like a C. 1589 to 1650 type French copper double tournois coin. At least from what I can see. I assume the reverse is blank?
grasshopper Bronze Member Joined Aug 13, 2007 Messages 1,931 Reaction score 3,152 Golden Thread 1 Location Upstate NY 🥇 Banner finds 1 Detector(s) used XP Deus/Deus 2 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 7, 2019 #4 With some better pics I'm sure we can get this ID'd. Upvote 0
A2coins Ruby Member Joined Dec 20, 2015 Messages 33,867 Reaction score 42,646 Golden Thread 0 Location Ann Arbor Detector(s) used Equinox 800 Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 7, 2019 #5 Holy moly I'd haul all that dirt home to soft through by the truck load great find hope that cache has lots more Upvote 0
Holy moly I'd haul all that dirt home to soft through by the truck load great find hope that cache has lots more
CRUSADER Emerald Member Joined May 25, 2007 Messages 41,313 Reaction score 48,582 Golden Thread 27 Location ENGLAND 🥇 Banner finds 27 Detector(s) used XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Aug 17, 2019 #6 It's not British & reminds me of a Jetton. Upvote 0