Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wasn't sure where to post this, but it happened about 35 miles from me. Seems someone bragged about their coin collections to the wrong person. And that person worked for the individual. Sad situation all the way around, 3 family members to have throat slashed in a home invasion to just steal a private collection of valuable coins.

4 men arraigned in deadly gold coin theft home invasion - WAFB 9 News Baton Rouge, Louisiana News, Weather, Sports

GAOldsman

Mar 10, 2011
Perry, GA
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terrible, terrible. This was a cowardly act for these 5 punks. I cannot stand a thief what so ever, but to murder someone just to steal what they worked hard for just sickens me. I hope they have corporal punishment in LA.

Diggit

Mar 25, 2012
Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, DFX, GMT and Fisher F5
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am just baffled that people STILL think they will get away with doing stuff like this.

Seriously,are you THAT much smarter than the other idiots who tried to pull sick **** like this off?

TheHarleyMan2

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2008
Never Know I May Live Next To You!
Detector(s) used
GTI 2500/Bounty Hunter
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is very horrible. I BELIEVE the punishment should be the same fate as the acts of crime but in a more drawn out slower process to the end of each one with the others tied up watching!!!!!!!!!!!! I won't get into details here!

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Terrible. Human life is cheap, particularly to those who place no value on their own lives. I don't know about the 'corporal punishment' thing, but the death penalty might be an idea. I know, those that don't agree with that, and actually the death penalty would be more effective if it were applied before the crime happened.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread