Yep, the dealer got burned, which happens sometimes.......it's just part of the business and if he's been in the business very long I'm sure he's made bad buys before. But as for assuming the dealer was trying to "rip the seller off", I have to disagree. When a seller goes to a buyer completely blind of what he has or what it's value is, then I don't feel too bad for them. I was in the antique and collectibles business for a while and the idea was to make money, can't do that if you give everyone who walks in the door a fair market price. Giving appraisals is a different story, which I had very little problem with, telling them all I knew about the item, even going as far as to show them a list of completed sells on ebay just so they would have a good idea of what the item's potential value was. But when someone walked in the door and said, "Hey, I want to sell these, are you interested in buying them?" Again, just like a coin dealer, it's a business that needs to realize a profit and I'm going to try to barter a price and buy them as cheap as possible. If that makes me a crook in the eyes of some people, then so be it.