What's new

coin found in sand

urdaboss

Full Member
Joined
Nov 15, 2009
Messages
155
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
Location
kissimmee fl
Detector(s) used
white's classic lll SL minelab excalibur II Explorer-s
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
st. pete beach gave me this coin (about 28g) but looks new. looked on ebay and creigs list and found nothing.
i hope someone can say where it came from and what it wsa used for. thanks, urdaboss
 
I poked around the net but didn't find a match. What does it say under Leonardo's name?

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
62 years old and bad eyes-- looks like john b musuzlin
 
Upvote 0
Hummmm.....another mystery of 'tecton......... :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
The copyright symbol is behind his name, so he should be findable, but I haven't been successful. Breezie
 

Attachments

  • LSToken.webp
    LSToken.webp
    13 KB · Views: 664
Upvote 0
The facsimile signature on this Last Supper medal may be that of artist John B. Musacchia
 
Upvote 0
thanks for all the help. i have had a guy from new jersey ask me to send it to him so he could give me an idea as to where it came from.
i haven't responded yet but sending it to a stranger does not sound like a good idea.
any other ideas?
thanks jack (urdaboss)
 
Upvote 0
urdaboss said:
thanks for all the help. i have had a guy from new jersey ask me to send it to him so he could give me an idea as to where it came from.
i haven't responded yet but sending it to a stranger does not sound like a good idea.
any other ideas?
thanks jack (urdaboss)


Is this 'guy' from TNet or someone from another forum? Personally, I would not send any relic/find to anyone unless I knew them. I've been on TNet for a while and know quite a few people, of which I'd trust with any of my relics. Also, I don't think holding this particular relic in one's hand would bring anymore knowledge than the posted pics. Just saying, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Breezie, sounds like great info, makes sense. thanks, urdaboss
 
Upvote 0
Would think that this object would be classified as a token as opposed to being a coin...Probably used as a promotional token...
 
Upvote 0
I agree with breezie as to not sending it to someone you don't know
 
Upvote 0
aloha, I found this link that has a pic of a Last Supper medallion for sale for $15. (the image quality is very poor (can't see the bottom of the medal.) http://jarrett.fabpage.com/religious.htm fourth row down, on left.

This medal is on a necklace/chain. the bezel around the coin really looks like some that i have used in the past that unscrew to place a coin, etc in. so maybe your coin was part of a necklace.
Cheers

Aloha again, upon closer look at the medal with my pic editor, by inverting the colors - this is a match for yours.
Cheers
 
Upvote 0
gecko, i think you hit it on the head. must of had a necklass with it and fell off. i was looking in coins instead of tokens or jewelry. thanks, urdaboss :thumbsup:
thanks to all, jack
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom