What's new

✅ SOLVED Coin found not sure when or what it is?

NC Digger

Bronze Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
1,401
Reaction score
2,131
Golden Thread
0
Location
Gaston County, NC
Detector(s) used
Safari, Excal2, CTX, Nox 900, 2 Manticores
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was cleaning my clad and this popped out. It's quarter size with no date. Did do a picture search on google but didn't bring up much. Since I took a picture both sides look the same :icon_scratch: Any help is greatly appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5398.webp
    IMG_5398.webp
    677 KB · Views: 112
  • IMG_5397.webp
    IMG_5397.webp
    631.4 KB · Views: 76
Maybe Tibet? Chinese gaming token?
 
Upvote 0
Not 100% sure, but to me that looks like a Pachinko game token
 
Upvote 1
堀止 ホリドメセンター (that's the Japanese in the middle and around the coin)

It's the edge script is in Katakana.

In the middle characters are Kanji.


It looks to be a game token. ホリ (HORI) which is also the name of a Japanese video game accessories company but not sure if it's related.

センター means center

堀止 could be the name of an area in Japan. In Chinese 堀 means cave or hole, and 止 means to stop, halt or prohibit.

Hope this helps.
 
Upvote 10
Thanks everyone! Special thanks to Yang Hao!
I wasn't sure what I had found but now I know!
HH!

​

 
Upvote 3
Very well done Yang Hao.
 
Upvote 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom