This is what I can share......
I'd even be interested about this one.
anyone care to step up?
I'll take a stab...it's a fake from what I see (from what I see- so thats means very little OK)
Look at the elements throughout, nothing seems unusual to you? poor quality details, details that don't look as they should, very flat features - too flat, nothing gives the feel of it being real.
I don't have a good feeling on this one Flex, sorry.
Care to share the info you have on it. offline if you wish.
On closer examination of the pics, it looks "cast".
The raised dots on the surfaces where it's also "worn flat" smacks of pitting in a mold (possibly "lost wax", but more likely a sand mold.) Not to mention the "chunks" which seem to be missing (slag present in the pour could cause that.)
I still stand by "attributing" it to Philip IV (based on the shield design), even if it is a fake (which if it is, I'm unimpressed, because the design is so crude.)
It was sent to me in an email-asking me to ID it. The email also stated that bronze spikes were found, along with an unidentified gold object, and pottery shards. I was asked if I wanted to help explore the site, but have not received a response.
so I would then....keep the bronze spikes, unidentified gold object, and the pottery shards and run as fast as I could from that silver thing that resembles a cob
It has to many faults to it.........throw it back. lol
Tom, my cob coin library is so extensive it is almost sickening. If you need help remind ne again. I have so many books it will take awhile, but would do in your support. Let me know if you still don't know the approximate date.