What's new

coin rings

jddave79

Full Member
Joined
Aug 22, 2007
Messages
125
Reaction score
1
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern,WV
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Euro Sabre, Garrett ACE250
I'm sure this topic has came up a few times but, since I haven't posted for quite awhile or been been active in the forum I would start anew.

I have seen 2 different ways that coin rings are/were made one looks drilled with the outside smooth and some of the design still visible on the inside. The second has got me scratching my head....both the inside and outside still have the coin design visible like it has been rolled. below are links with both examples pictured. If anyone has any insight into techniques that would be great.


Thanks - JD in WV

http://hackedgadgets.com/wp-content/_coin_ring_6.jpg
http://www.coinworld.com/news/032408/bw2_big.jpg
 
Ive sent you and email with an attachment. It is a PDF file for making coinrings. Hope its what you are looking for.
John
 
Hey Gator , do ya think you could send me that info too ? I'd be very grateful - Thanks !

Argentium.
 
Thanks for the info John.....time to try it out!

HH- JD in WV
 
no matter how much i stare at these rings and try to figure out how its done, for the life of me i cant.just when i think i have it figured out.....well :dontknow:
 
thanks for that article. dont know how i missed it. it was very informative.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom