What's new

coin- solved (I think)

fathead

Sr. Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2009
Messages
363
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Location
Conowingo, MD
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505
Sorry, my camera won't get any detail.

I found a coin today that is fully encrusted in green. It is just smaller than a quarter and just larger than a nickel. The back? has a wreath on it with a large D in it. There are words around the outside but I can't make them out.

I know this is a pitiful amount of information, but any suggestions (besides getting a new camera) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

-Fathead
 
Gary, thanks a lot. I think you nailed it. I can definitely make out the bottom of the two. The words around the wreath now make sense. I am very fired up as this is by far my oldest dug coin. It sure beats a 1954 nickel. I can't thank you enough.

-Fathead
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Gary, I found your post and tried the peroxide. I posted a picture in today's finds. Thanks for your help.

FH
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom