Coin spill

mumszie

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2005
Spring Hill, Florida
I just couldn't make myself brave the water this morning and didn't feel like driving to the beach anyway so I went to one of the small parks near home. I'm glad I did! I found a nice little coin spill with 7 quarters in one hole. Can't beat that! I found some more change for a grand total of $2.86 and the usual junk but nothing else. I'm happy.

MoneynJunk122609.jpg

Upvote 0
Grandkids must not have been visiting....:)
Good hunt. Got to love those coin spills.
I hunt in S. Korea. It is now the Sat. eve. Went out for about 5 hours today....cold here, too. Only went hunting coin
sites, as everything is frozen solid. Got in some good hiking, picture taking.....but, sadly, no coin sites. Well, knocked a
couple of prospective sites off the list......and did have some luck when I got back to Mom-in-laws. Older brother looked at
my map and said, "Oh. There is a site there. I have been there, and have seen it." And he pointed to a place on the map.
OK. Got that place circled....and will go there next time in that area and check it out.
Again, good hunt, and hope that you get to get out in better weather.

hikeinmts said:
Grandkids must not have been visiting....:)
Good hunt. Got to love those coin spills.
I hunt in S. Korea. It is now the Sat. eve. Went out for about 5 hours today....cold here, too. Only went hunting coin
sites, as everything is frozen solid. Got in some good hiking, picture taking.....but, sadly, no coin sites. Well, knocked a
couple of prospective sites off the list......and did have some luck when I got back to Mom-in-laws. Older brother looked at
my map and said, "Oh. There is a site there. I have been there, and have seen it." And he pointed to a place on the map.
OK. Got that place circled....and will go there next time in that area and check it out.
Again, good hunt, and hope that you get to get out in better weather.

Crackbadger used to live and hunt over there. You two should get together to chat. I bet he could give you some great pointers for there!

Glad you got out Mumzie, I am itching big time to hit the beaches.. hopefully tomorrow, after the rain today, washing away the snow..maybe I will get lucky tomorrow and get out.. gonna do the NO RAIN DANCE for sunday.

I can remember back in the 70's when I found a spill like that at a county fairgrounds. Wound up with 6 quarters and 10 dimes from one hole, all silver. I was using a Bounty Hunter TR 550D with a 6" coil and it was only 4" deep!!! Great Digs!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back