What's new

Coin With Big Nose?

c.e.willcuts

Tenderfoot
Joined
Feb 18, 2011
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
29xen9s.jpg
[/img]

The coin has no words on it, and I can not tell where it is from. I just inherited this coin from my great grandfather who traveled a lot in his lifetime. If anyone could help out, it would be much appreciated!
 

Attachments

  • coin.webp
    coin.webp
    71.9 KB · Views: 388
I am not sure why the image is not showing up on my computer but on the front is a man with a rather large nose, with no markings or words around it at all on the surface outside of the face is completely flat.
 
Your pic is coming through, however, I haven't a clue about the coin (if it is a coin). I am curious why anyone would drill a hole at a point that the profile would hang upside down?? :dontknow: Maybe something on the other side that would make a better display?
 
A Cyrano De Bergerac commemorative coin! :laughing9:
 
Looks like Andrew Dice Clay.
 
hmmm well I can't find anything about it on the internet. I wish I knew the date of the coin. My great grandfather died back in the 80's, and my great grandmother left me his collection. the bag I found this coin in has coins mostly from the middle to late 1800's.
 
Here is the reverse side of the coin. again, sorry for pic quality the best i can do. but in the center of the piece is a small ship.
 

Attachments

  • coin2.webp
    coin2.webp
    40.8 KB · Views: 283
mrwilburino said:
Looks like Andrew Dice Clay.
:laughing7: Sorry , does look like the Dice Man , can't get an id but looks South American :thumbsup:
 
Well that makes sense because he did travel to South America... Any idea of what this could potentially be worth?
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
No doubt about it, Don.......with a little assist from CMD, you nailed it once again! You are good to have around!!

Willcuts, if you move your camera back a little bit so that it can focus and then crop your pic, it should turn out much better.......just a thought, it might help.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom