coinmaster pro

Apr 11, 2013
Wyoming Valley. PA
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and Coinmaster GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the coinmaster gt . It is my first machine . Pretty sure other then my VDI display it is the same machine. I like it. As a beginner machine it has taught me a lot .

pros. good recovery time . the first silver coin i ever found had a iron nail laying on top of it and it picked up both targets.made in America.
cons. only one other coil option from whites(4x6 dd shooter coil). low frequency(8kHz, most other whites machines are at least 14kHz).

it really comes down to where your detecting. I feel this line of products it meant for parks and backyards where as i am relic hunting old cellar holes and plowed fields. Still it has not disappointed me(dug my first large cent last week). I just question its depth for my needs.

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found a whites coinmaster Pro for 200 can anybody help me with the pros and cons of this unit

Yep, pass on it. Weak on depth, big on falsing, crap build quality, VERY limited coil selection.

The Coinmaster Pro was one of the most disappointing detectors I've ever had. For the same price, you can get a brand new Fisher F2 that'll smoke the CMP all day everyday.
Whites makes some great detectors. Their Coinmaster Pro unfortunately isn't one!

airscapes

Nov 13, 2013
Philadelphia PA
Detector(s) used
DFX 950, U13,6"Exc & 4x6 Coils, Coinmaster GT 4x6 & NEL Hunter coil, TRX Pin Pointer, CZE-T200 FM Transmitter, Sangean DT-400W and ER6i in-ears.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, pass on it. Weak on depth, big on falsing, crap build quality, VERY limited coil selection.

The Coinmaster Pro was one of the most disappointing detectors I've ever had. For the same price, you can get a brand new Fisher F2 that'll smoke the CMP all day everyday.
Whites makes some great detectors. Their Coinmaster Pro unfortunately isn't one!

Not sure the pro is as bad as all that, but the GT and pro use the same case and coil but the guts are NOT the same in any way. I agree the F2 would probably be a better buy unless you get the Pro for about $100 used.

coinshooterdfx

Greenie
Nov 11, 2012
I have been using a DFX and MXT for 7 years and purchased a Coinmaster Pro last year. I am very impressed with it. I am glad I bought it despite all the negativity I had heard about it

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

swolfe

Jul 8, 2012
Rockford Illinois
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Beep and Dig Harbor Freight 9 function detector.
Whites Coinmaster DB/4
Whites Coinmaster Pro
Tesoro Vaquero
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've been using my coinmaster pro for 2 years. I found 14 gold rings at parks with it last year and it's very hard to feel bad about that. Every ring on my avatar was found with my coinmaster pro, I don't know anyone in this area that beat me on gold finds for 2013. The target ID on the meter is better than I expected and the construction isn't as bad as people claim (except for the absence of cam locks), my machine still looks new after 2 years of HEAVY use by two people. Depth is another matter, I can say that I don't find a lot of silver coins but I do find some... I tend to hunt for jewelry. In the attached picture are the 2013 gold items that I still have. I did sell a few gold items as well.

2013golds.JPG

That in mind, I am not blind to the shortcomings.

falsing: this did happen with my first coil that became tap sensitive but whites sent me a new one - no questions asked - and that solved that.

shaft wobble: this does happen and seems to have worsened over time right where the shafts connect together.

depth: It's rare for my finds to be deeper than 4-6" that doesn't prove I'm missing things but I do wonder. I found a 1901 IH penny at about 8". That is about the deepest penny I've grabbed with the CMP.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread