enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry but I'll pass. You give yourself away when a description says there is a 1927 Mercury dime then state the roll has wheaties from 40 to 58. Obviously seeded. Please don't join this great forum just to try to rip it's members off.

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Everything I'm selling is under 20$. All wheat cent rolls. Take a look, thanks.

Kind of funny I have that ring on my watchlist because I bought one just like it my want to see what it sells for. And what garçon Jersey I was going to buy one but change my mind. We adopted 3 kids and we found out afterwards that two of them are related to him they are first cousins. I wanted to get him the Jersey but we went on vacation instead so as he gets older I may buy it for him if he still wants to play football past the age of eight. I was going to frame his football jersey from this year along with the garçon jersey and put them up in his bedroom.

Last edited by a moderator:

masterjedi

Bronze Member
May 24, 2014
Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab's CTX 3030, E-Trac & EQ800, Fisher F75LTD SE & F44, Whites MXT All PRO, Whites TRX Pointer & Shovel, Predator Tools Raptor hand digger & Ranger shovel. Grey Ghost Ultimate headphones.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry but I'll pass. You give yourself away when a description says there is a 1927 Mercury dime then state the roll has wheaties from 40 to 58. Obviously seeded. Please don't join this great forum just to try to rip it's members off.

I agree these are made up rolls so that an unaware buyer will pay more for the roll than their worth... I will email eBay about this being done on their site...

Beachkid23

Silver Member
Oct 26, 2013
fort myers fl
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Kind of funny I have that ring on my watchlist because I bought one just like it my want to see what it sells for. And what garçon Jersey I was going to buy one but change my mind. We adopted 3 kids and we found out afterwards that two of them are related to him they are first cousins. I wanted to get him the Jersey but we went on vacation instead so as he gets older I may buy it for him if he still wants to play football past the age of eight. I was going to frame his football jersey from this year along with the garçon jersey and put them up in his bedroom.

I am an idiot but I'm going to bed. I clicked on your link and for some reason it showed my eBay store but I did not realize it. Lol. Aww! Good night!!

OP
OP
zach attack

zach attack

Jul 10, 2014
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im allowed to sell rolls of wheat cents that i put together, its not against any rule on ebay. Im not ripping anyone off if i state what years the coins in the roll will be.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is against T-net rules, to sell or promote your selling here, if you are not a Charter Member.
If one is not respectful of the rules, their threads usually vanish in to vapor.
When they give the mods grief or lip about it, the member usually vanishes in to thin air, too.
Good luck with your sales.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im allowed to sell rolls of wheat cents that i put together, its not against any rule on ebay. Im not ripping anyone off if i state what years the coins in the roll will be.

I'm going to agree with you, The couple of auctions I looked at did not say unsearched. I didn't see anything about your listing that deceiving! Unless I'm missing something! You say what is in them. If people think it's overpriced? they don't have to buy them!

Welcome!! To Tnet! Good luck!

You have over 400 positive feed back!

Last edited:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The whole listing makes you assume the dime, flying eagle or whatever else was originally wrapped that way. He isn't stating in the descriptions that he added the better coins, thus misleading. You can even see the frayed edge of the plastic wrapper. Someone with my knowledge can pick up on it, but the average Joe won't notice until he opens it up and sees nothing but a wrapper full of culls, worth far less than what he paid.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Zach your required to be a Charter Member to sell here or to advertise your ebay sales..

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I'm just curious. What is deceiving about his listing! You say he gives himself away? He's describing what it is. The couple of listings I looked at don't say unsearched. If there is a scam, I'm missing it and really curious what your seeing that you think is misleading, or a rip off?

I didn't see your above post yet when I posted this.

I half agree with you. I don't consider him dishonest though, or ripping people off. He gives all information so that people can make a choice from what they see. If you assume your getting top grade coins your taking that gamble and bid accordingly. His feedback will reflect if people are happy or not! And unless you have seen the insides of the rolls it really isn't fair to attack and say they are culls. we are talking 40 to 58, one listing was a little over $8. free shipping! where is the rip off.

Last edited:

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, feedback can be deceptive on feebay. Many ways to get good feedback totals that I won't go into. Anyway, not accusing him of that. The deception is showing the coin in an "unopened" roll. Gives the appearance he either found it or bought it that way. That's misleading to me. He said everything but that he put them in the roll.

Nitric

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
Dallas,GA
Detector(s) used
CZ6A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First of all, feedback can be deceptive on feebay. Many ways to get good feedback totals that I won't go into. Anyway, not accusing him of that. The deception is showing the coin in an "unopened" roll. Gives the appearance he either found it or bought it that way. That's misleading to me. He said everything but that he put them in the roll.

You guys would hate me then. I've gone through rolls and pushed them back in the plastic. lol I guess that's why it doesn't seem too odd to me. When we were going through a lot of coins we used whatever we had, the bag full of used plastic or paper rolls. If we ran out at night or on a weekend we used whatever we had. So when I see the pic? it just looks like a plastic roll, whether it was reused or not doesn't come to mind, even though I feel with the description it is obvious or they wouldn't know what years are in there. I liked the plastic for silver, you could see it right away and it was harder to get mixed up after rolling.Even selling it, people would dump paper rolls to look, with plastic they could look and see right away. just pick up the roll and look.The hard tubes were$25 a box and add up fast. So, I know there is a lot of those that have been searched and sold as silver floating around.:laughing7:

Last edited:
OP
OP
zach attack

zach attack

Jul 10, 2014
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry if my items for sale don't please you, if you don't like them then move on. Simple as that.

OP
OP
zach attack

zach attack

Jul 10, 2014
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the positive talk nitric, also agree with you on searching plastic rolls. Alot easier to look at the edges through the plastic. HH

OP
OP
zach attack

zach attack

Jul 10, 2014
Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, didn't know i had to be a charter member to have this post. My apologies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions