What's new

Coins recovered from inside coin sorter

Coinstar magnet

Silver Member
Joined
Apr 5, 2020
Messages
4,510
Reaction score
10,493
Golden Thread
0
Location
Beverly Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I dropped by my credit union coin sorter to pour a box of dimes which shorted me a few dollars....maybe it was the sorter? Maybe the box? Anyway, the credit union opened up the sorting machine and let me keep the rejects found there. Highlight for me was the Israel coin, 43 steel wheatback...$1 Canadian.
Thanks for viewing!
 

Attachments

  • 20251001_201709.webp
    20251001_201709.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 92
  • 20251001_201722.webp
    20251001_201722.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 53
  • 20251001_201807.webp
    20251001_201807.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 72
  • 20251001_201838.webp
    20251001_201838.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 51
  • 20251001_201912.webp
    20251001_201912.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 58
  • 20251001_201858.webp
    20251001_201858.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 52
  • 20251001_202005.webp
    20251001_202005.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 62
  • 20251001_202348.webp
    20251001_202348.webp
    1.6 MB · Views: 65
  • 20251001_202834.webp
    20251001_202834.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 54
  • 20251001_201807.webp
    20251001_201807.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 61
  • 20251001_201829.webp
    20251001_201829.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 55
  • 20251001_202834.webp
    20251001_202834.webp
    1.9 MB · Views: 58
I dropped by my credit union coin sorter to pour a box of dimes which shorted me a few dollars....maybe it was the sorter? Maybe the box? Anyway, the credit union opened up the sorting machine and let me keep the rejects found there. Highlight for me was the Israel coin, 43 steel wheatback...$1 Canadian.
Thanks for viewing!
What I do not understand is why these coins ended up in the internal reject tray as opposed to the external one -- and, in general, I can't seem to get a handle on how / why COINS (as opposed to paper clips and similar debris) end up in the internal reject tray.

From the looks of it, wheat cents seem well-represented which is puzzling, and those foreign coins appear indistinguishable from the stuff most people on this forum typically find in the reject tray in the front of the machine.

I get the Canadian dollar coin because it's an odd shape and, maybe the steel cent; otherwise, I'm stuck for an explanation.
 
What I do not understand is why these coins ended up in the internal reject tray as opposed to the external one -- and, in general, I can't seem to get a handle on how / why COINS (as opposed to paper clips and similar debris) end up in the internal reject tray.

From the looks of it, wheat cents seem well-represented which is puzzling, and those foreign coins appear indistinguishable from the stuff most people on this forum typically find in the reject tray in the front of the machine.

I get the Canadian dollar coin because it's an odd shape and, maybe the steel cent; otherwise, I'm stuck for an explanation.
Canadian coins are mainly steel content.
 
What I do not understand is why these coins ended up in the internal reject tray as opposed to the external one -- and, in general, I can't seem to get a handle on how / why COINS (as opposed to paper clips and similar debris) end up in the internal reject tray.

From the looks of it, wheat cents seem well-represented which is puzzling, and those foreign coins appear indistinguishable from the stuff most people on this forum typically find in the reject tray in the front of the machine.

I get the Canadian dollar coin because it's an odd shape and, maybe the steel cent; otherwise, I'm stuck for an explanation.
It is puzzling why the wheatbacks get rejected...maybe because of their copper amount...?
 
It is puzzling why the wheatbacks get rejected...maybe because of their copper amount...?
Maybe it's the weight of the wheatbacks.

95% copper cents : 3.11 grams
Zincolns : 2.5 grams
Steel : 2.7 grams
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom