What's new

Coins vs relics

I'll take a coin over a relic any day. Why? Because the coin has a date (at least most do) and I don't have to guess how old it is. Gary
 
i will take a seated lady over a horseshoe any day , i am a hardened coin shooter...
 
All coins have value. It's printed right on most of them. Little works of art.

Relics - some are useful but many are where they are because someone didn't want them at the time.

Tax Tokens have value printed right on them too, but not worth anything now :dontknow:
 
That's a good point. I am of an age when Mercury (Liberty Head) Dimes and silver quarters were still occasionally in circulation and I scrutinized my paper route and pocket change.

That brought me back, had my first paper route in 1964. Every Sat. & Sun. was spent collecting. The price was .75 cents for 5 day paper delivery, and $1.25 for 7, (including that impossible to fold Sunday THICK paper). As an 11 year old I must have carried around a ton of silver coins. (The Detroit "Free Press"). At 66, I now spend hours detecting hoping to find a silver dime.
 
That's a hard one...good arguments from both sides...but I DO know that if I go home with old coins AND relics...im a happy guy! Ddf.
 
Awesome answer pa plateau hiker! Its the personal items that make it all worthwhile too me! :occasion14:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom