What's new

Coins?

Garabaldi

Bronze Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2009
Messages
2,382
Reaction score
100
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Whites M6, Whites Pulse Diver, ETRAC.
My theory is that these coins were in a fire. It is an old site. If the larger coin is a large copper, would copper look like this if in a fire? ???
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0889.webp
    IMG_0889.webp
    22.6 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0890.webp
    IMG_0890.webp
    19.5 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0891.webp
    IMG_0891.webp
    16.5 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0892.webp
    IMG_0892.webp
    23.7 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_0893.webp
    IMG_0893.webp
    26.7 KB · Views: 240
Could be a concretion from high mineralization in the soil?
 
Upvote 0
I kinda doubt it. I've seen copper that was in a fire, inclusing an indianhead that was so bubbled he looked like he had mumps. But the coins, being copper, didn't rust. About the only thing I've seen that rusts to that color is iron or steel.
 
Upvote 0
So you think its a coin? If so, should I try the electrolysis on them? :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
I've found these too on old sites with two(if I remember right) being exactly the same size as a large cent. I always wondered what they were. :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
Cookie coins. Find them all the time in the Netherland and the UK. The stuff that coats the coins is pretty much impossible to remove.

Just have to wonder what they are.

Daryl
 

Attachments

  • cookiecoin.webp
    cookiecoin.webp
    77.7 KB · Views: 229
Upvote 0
BioProfessor said:
Cookie coins. Find them all the time in the Netherland and the UK. The stuff that coats the coins is pretty much impossible to remove.

Just have to wonder what they are.

Daryl

I did a little destructive investigation on one once and it certainly seemed to be iron? throughout :dontknow:
 
Upvote 0
If they were iron before, they will be iron after. That means they are not coins. Test with a magnet.

All mine are copper and the concretion is over the copper core. If I do clean it off, there is only a copper disc remaining. 99% of the time completely pitted and no detail left.

You can however make it what ever you want it to be.

Daryl
 

Attachments

  • coppercoin.webp
    coppercoin.webp
    47.6 KB · Views: 222
Upvote 0
BioProfessor said:
If they were iron before, they will be iron after. That means they are not coins. Test with a magnet.

All mine are copper and the concretion is over the copper core. If I do clean it off, there is only a copper disc remaining. 99% of the time completely pitted and no detail left.

You can however make it what ever you want it to be.

Daryl

THAT is funny :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0
:hello2:
scratcher said:
BioProfessor said:
If they were iron before, they will be iron after. That means they are not coins. Test with a magnet.

All mine are copper and the concretion is over the copper core. If I do clean it off, there is only a copper disc remaining. 99% of the time completely pitted and no detail left.

You can however make it what ever you want it to be.

Daryl

THAT is funny :laughing9:
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom