Bronze Member
Feb 11, 2015
North Central PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre, Tesoro Vaquero, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
First, let me apologize if this is in the wrong location. I thought I had noticed a sub-forum for Coinstar finds recently, but could not find it.

I've been tumbling my finds for 2018 and taking them to my dump bank the past couple of weeks along with pennies from my friends who have been hoarding them since 1974. Well, the tellers have been kind enough, but I'm sensing a little tension. I have heard that some local banks are not accepting customer wrapped coins, and not wanting to rock the boat, I decided to run $45 in dimes and $3 in Zincolns through the closest Coinstar at a local supermarket. I search the reject slots all the time, but this was my first experience using one. Well, the dimes went through.....no problem. The Zincolns were running ok too (with plenty of rejects) up to my final .50 when the machine jammed. Several store employees came over and with bowed shaking heads told me they didn't have any way to assist but would get a manager to help me. When the manager arrived, I (remembering the shrewd suggestion of other TNeters) asked if I could have the reject tray. The manager happily agreed (I guessed that is one of the more troubling maintenance tasks). Well, when she got the machine opened, I held back my enthusiasm the best I could and asked if I could retrieve the other coins laying about on the platform below the spinner. Another "yes". I quickly began picking up all that was with my grasp as the manager said, "I didn't know anyone would be interested in all those foreign coins"...............

2019 01 04 Coinstar 1.jpg 2019 01 04 Coinstar 2.jpg 2019 01 04 Coinstar 3.jpg

2019 01 04 Coinstar 4.jpg

The "foreign coins" were the Barbers!! 14 of 'em!! Along with a '26 Merc, and.........good golly Miss Molly, an 1861 Seated half dime!!

Also, if I could impose upon the membership, I cannot identify the hallmarks on the 4 leaf clover. Any assistance would be most welcomed.

Thanks for lookin' in and best to all in 2019!!

Ogre1190

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2015
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
MineLab E-Trac, MineLab Safari, MineLab Explorer XS,
White's 5000 D, White's 6DB, White's 5000 D GEB
Sunray X-1 for the ML's, Garrett PP for the White's and a Backhoe
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Holy. Crap. 😱😱😱

sandchip

Silver Member
Oct 29, 2010
Georgia
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Insanity! You just saved yourself a heap of hours swinging with a haul like that!

Last edited:

Happa54

Feb 20, 2016
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
EQX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh Lordy!!!! That's crazy!!!!

Congrats on all that old silver.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
That clover looks THICK....looks like a "V" and a (hammer?)

DenDigger

Greenie
Dec 29, 2018
NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is unbelievable the amount of ignorance that exists within the general public concerning our own coinage! Oh, well...knowledge is power they say.
Congrats on the best Coinstar score I've ever heard of!

DenDigger

Greenie
Dec 29, 2018
NJ
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are those Roosevelt dines silver as well?

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, those pesky 100 year old foreign coins! You had a day like me when the teller handed me $12.50 in 40% Kennedys.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow ! Nice score - I went in to dump half dollars at a credit union a while back - before i put my coins in , I noticed there was a big fat silver coin stuck in the rotator - 1921 Morgan Dollar ! Who dumps Silver Dollars into a coin counter ??

EdHartzel

Jun 12, 2018
Bucks County PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, Garrett GTI 2500, JW Fisher Pulse 8X
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WOW!!! Now THAT is a win! What fun!!!!

HuntH2002

Bronze Member
May 27, 2018
San Antonio, TX
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2015 Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100 // 2015 Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharpshooter // 2019 Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Amazing finds! Congrats!:occasion14:

Swaveab

Jul 21, 2015
Southwest PA
Detector(s) used
Safari
Primary Interest:
Other
No doubt those were lifted from someones coin collection and the person or persons did not know what it was they had. Nice find.

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You will never look at a coin star the same again lol Sweeeeeeet

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread