What's new

Coinstar finds For May 2020

Clad2Silver

Bronze Member
Joined
Jul 17, 2018
Messages
2,129
Reaction score
5,914
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern Connecticut
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max/ Garrett AT Pro/ Garrett Ace 400/ Garrett Pro Pointer 2 / Garrett Z-Lynk AT Propointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
IMG_0711.webp Coinstar finds for may were decent....$2.57 in clad and a 1955 silver dime.
 
I found a 64 dime 3 years ago then goose eggs O
 
Looks like a solid month!
 
What do you mean by coinstar finds? I know what a coinstar is and it just took my money and gave me the voucher lol
 
What do you mean by coinstar finds? I know what a coinstar is and it just took my money and gave me the voucher lol

Did you check the reject tray after? A lot of people don't, and that's where we come in, finding those left-behind coins that didn't go through. Other places to look are under and around the machine (gloves recommended, pandemic or no pandemic), on the shelf up front, and on the metal dumper. MonstaRules posted an excellent thread on search techniques, including possibly accessing the dirt cup inside.

For many people, grocery shopping hasn't been the same since they discovered that Coinstar can be beaten.
 
Even a little silver makes it a decent month I’d say, :occasion14:
Thanks HuntH…...

I found a 64 dime 3 years ago then goose eggs O
Keep at it Tommy, you're due for another silver coin. Hopefully soon.

Looks like a solid month!
Thanks CalReg…..

What do you mean by coinstar finds? I know what a coinstar is and it just took my money and gave me the voucher lol
Coinstar Finds are simply coins that were found in the Coinstar machine's reject tray.

Did you check the reject tray after? A lot of people don't, and that's where we come in, finding those left-behind coins that didn't go through. Other places to look are under and around the machine (gloves recommended, pandemic or no pandemic), on the shelf up front, and on the metal dumper. MonstaRules posted an excellent thread on search techniques, including possibly accessing the dirt cup inside.

For many people, grocery shopping hasn't been the same since they discovered that Coinstar can be beaten.
These coins came from the reject tray.....I've laso found a number of coins on the floor in front of the machine that people have dropped and coins that were laying on the shelf of the machine.
 
Good to know, I have always checked after but never thought to see what they were. Thanks guys!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom