Coinstar is my friend....

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Not a big find, but was going into the usual grocery store where they have a Coinstar machine last friday. Sitting on the ledge there (the man little counter space about waist high) were a couple of scraps of paper and a small copper-looking coin.

Picked the coin up, and took it home.

It was a 2 cent Euro coin.

I just now went to this page:

http://www.eurocoins.co.uk/images2cents.html

And for the life of me I cannot recall what the design was.....I will have to check it out when I get home tonight. I did not know there was a different design for each country.

treasuredog

Oct 21, 2004
Leetonia Ohio
Detector(s) used
minelab xterra 70,whites xlt,minelab quattro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a 2 cent euro from spain,the other day,from a coin star machine from walmart. Pretty neat coin too! I always check coin star machines,coke machines,and telephones. Yes,sometimes I get do get lucky! Its all a big treasure hunt ;D

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
treasuredog said:
I got a 2 cent euro from spain,the other day,from a coin star machine from walmart. Pretty neat coin too! I always check coin star machines,coke machines,and telephones. Yes,sometimes I get do get lucky! Its all a big treasure hunt ;D

"Its all a big treasure hunt" :wink: ;D

have a good un.........................
SHERMANVILLE

OP
OP
MalteseFalcon

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Yup! At the end of each day, I search through the change I have accumulated. That is, if I did not bother to check it out closely when I was given it to begin with lol.

OP
OP
MalteseFalcon

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Okies....firstly, here is an image of the one I found on the Coinstar machine. It be from Germany!:
1z3c96h.jpg

Now for part 2 of my story-tale.

I stopped at a little market about 5 minutes from my house tonight on the way home from work to buy a couple of 2-liter bottles of Dr. Pepper (Soda pop=BAD!). So I am standing there, and I look down at the usual penny tray on the counter. Lo and behold I see a familiar sight....the obverse of a 2-Cent Euro coin! Told the guy I would give him a penny for it, and he said ok.

What's the deal? Are we being invaded by Europeans? ;D
This one be from Greece!
9bc602.jpg

Just my 2 cents worth lol! ;D

RatchetH22

Feb 8, 2009
North Texas
I found a 1 Euro Germany Cent in a Coinstar machine a year or so ago.

Back where I used to live, the Coinstar machine would yield quite a bit of foreign loot. I got most of my foreign coins from that machine, including my 1937 Liberia half-cent. The one where I live now has a few goodies occasionally, but no where near as many as the other.

hikeinmts

Bronze Member
Dec 13, 2008
South Korea
Detector(s) used
Cobra II/Minelab Sovereign
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are making some good finds.....the Euro is worth much much more than our money.....think I will have a go at it. :wink:

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
hee hee hee --I got two dimes and 3 cents that were stuck in the spot were the coins run thru as you lift the tip tray and it feeds into the machine (used my car key to fish em back out )--- I get lots of gold and silver earrings that are trapped in the trash tray below the holed dump grate area with a tool I call the "CLAW it a spring loaded car machanics nut retreiver -- snake it thru the hole push it to up the claw --let close bring out the goodies. :wink:

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Every time that I go into the grocery store with my son I have him check out the return slot in the Coinstar machine. He always finds coins that are rejected which sometimes include silver!! He has found silver coins including a Mercury dime!! Rich.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread