What's new

Yesterday's coinstar finds

xr7ator

Gold Member
Joined
Sep 2, 2011
Messages
6,011
Reaction score
9,191
Golden Thread
0
Location
Denver, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Gold, ATX, MH7 (oldie!) Minelab Explorer SE Pro, EQ800
I had to stop at the grocery store on the way home, so I went to my normal grocery store where I have had some luck with the coinstar reject slot. I always go in through the outdoor and check the slot first, then I check it again when I leave. Nothing coming in and the store was out of what I needed, so I went to the back of the store to look through the back doors to see if any pallets that hadn't been stocked to see if any had what I came for. Notta, so I went to leave and the reject slot was brimming with coins! It took two tries to get all the coins form the reject slot.
1E114.webp

I got home and set these out on a table to take a pic and I had dropped one 50 cent euro on the carpet, so add that to the total and over $13 in US!
I decided to go to the next closest grocery store about 2 to 3 miles away to see if they had what I needed. This store has the coinstar machine over in a corner next to the day old bakery items. I've never found anything at this store, but I never go to it either. Get to the machine and there is two coins in the reject slot and the larger one looks promising!
CDBA0.webp
 
The 64 quarter is the second silver quarter I have found in a coinstar reject slot. (finally, again)
Over $13 in euros and $7 in silver makes for my best ever day at coinstar hunting....so far!
Good luck, everyone!
 
The 64 quarter is the second silver quarter I have found in a coinstar reject slot. (finally, again)
Over $13 in euros and $7 in silver makes for my best ever day at coinstar hunting....so far!
Good luck, everyone!
Nice! Finding silver dimes are more common... getting a silver quarter is rarer...very nice recoveries! You're on a roll!
 
Nice! Finding silver dimes are more common... getting a silver quarter is rarer...very nice recoveries! You're on a roll!
Thanks. I agree on silver dimes as I have 7 now form the coinstar machines. The first silver coin I found was the only other quarter I've found so it was nice to see the larger silver again.
 
I had to stop at the grocery store on the way home, so I went to my normal grocery store where I have had some luck with the coinstar reject slot. I always go in through the outdoor and check the slot first, then I check it again when I leave. Nothing coming in and the store was out of what I needed, so I went to the back of the store to look through the back doors to see if any pallets that hadn't been stocked to see if any had what I came for. Notta, so I went to leave and the reject slot was brimming with coins! It took two tries to get all the coins form the reject slot.
View attachment 2222922
I got home and set these out on a table to take a pic and I had dropped one 50 cent euro on the carpet, so add that to the total and over $13 in US!
I decided to go to the next closest grocery store about 2 to 3 miles away to see if they had what I needed. This store has the coinstar machine over in a corner next to the day old bakery items. I've never found anything at this store, but I never go to it either. Get to the machine and there is two coins in the reject slot and the larger one looks promising! View attachment 2222923
I love seeing piles of coins in the reject bin... I think for me getting the $1 and $2 Canadian coins are fun but that is rarer these days...
Anyway, there's a
nice feeling of surprise and anticipation. And nice silver recovery!
 
Thank you XR I will try :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom