What's new

Coinstar machines hate wheaties and tokens! Thank you, Coinstar!

FreeBirdTim

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 24, 2013
Messages
4,201
Reaction score
8,015
Golden Thread
1
Location
Scituate, RI
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I always make it a habit to check out the Coinstar reject tray as soon as I enter my local Stop & Shop. It really paid off today with 21 wheaties, 4 Mount Hope Bridge tokens and 2 quarter sized copper slugs sitting in the tray! None of the wheaties are key dates, but I did get 2 from the 1920's and 6 from the 1930's. Not a bad day at all!


DSC07123 (1).webpDSC07124.webp
 
Nice finds. I get lucky occasionally, but most of the time it's clad or Canadian clad!
 
Nice grab. My wife finally found her first silver in a coinstar about 2 weeks ago. Now she checks them every time!
 
Thanks, guys! My girlfriend rolls her eyes when she sees me headed for the Coinstar machine, but I don't care. I find about 1 wheatie a week in my change, so grabbing 21 in one shot is fun for me.

The copper slugs are pretty cool as well. They're the exact diameter and thickness of a quarter. Someone was up to no good when they made those boys! LOL!
 
Yes they do. They hate silver too and for that I am thankful.
Great finds.

The coolest CoinStar find I've gotten so far was a secret Service lapel pin.
 
Don't forget to check the blind spot in the feed tray. I find cents and dimes in that area all the time.
 
Congratualtions on the very productive coin star "hunt"! :occasion14:

Lately, I have found many silver coins in the three coin stars in my area...I guess people do not check the tray. :headbang:
 
Thanks, guys! My girlfriend rolls her eyes when she sees me headed for the Coinstar machine, but I don't care. I find about 1 wheatie a week in my change, so grabbing 21 in one shot is fun for me.

The copper slugs are pretty cool as well. They're the exact diameter and thickness of a quarter. Someone was up to no good when they made those boys! LOL!

Lol Freebird! My wife actually RUNS away with the shopping cart at our local Kroger when I head to the Coinstar...that made me chuckle! Ddf
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom