Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last edited:

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
So what? Turn around, make a face and tell 'em to mind their own g/d business! Halves are so noisy, but you learn to live with knowing the attention is on you.

OP
OP
TKgal

TKgal

Feb 15, 2015
California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Time Ranger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So what? Turn around, make a face and tell 'em to mind their own g/d business! Halves are so noisy, but you learn to live with knowing the attention is on you.

When I have your stats I think I will feel better about it:notworthy:

Zomotion

Bronze Member
Oct 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, coinmaster Gt Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TKgal, I'm surprised that that your worried about people watching.... I'd be more worried about the 11% fee coinstar charges

all those machines in grocery stores in my area are fee based. I'd recommend a different option

Avago

Jun 26, 2014
The 2nd State
Primary Interest:
Other
It'd sure be hard to keep any CRHing funds liquid if you trade in a $500 box of halves for Amazon credit. An 11% fee would end CRHing real quick for me.

OP
OP
TKgal

TKgal

Feb 15, 2015
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't pay the fees. I am able to use the gift cards, there are more than just Amazon in ours and a couple I use frequently. I pace myself with the $500.00- $1,000. We just bought a new lawn mower with some of it. I buy pool and gardening supplies from HD and we are an avid outdoor family- BPS. Also I am not against carrying around $100.00 to spend in the drive thru. I work 30 miles away. I have bought gas, lunch, coffee and my kids love to take halves for school lunches once in a while. I just try not to spend where I might get them back.

Last edited:
OP
OP
TKgal

TKgal

Feb 15, 2015
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny story about the school lunches, their kinder teacher asked if their parents knew they were spending the halves (they were all Bicentennials) lunch is 2.75 x 2 kids and they ate twice that week.

It was even funnier when my son told her...... it's ok because we have 2000 of them at home.

My first few boxes took me longer to go through since I also culled out the better P and D's for the twins' collection.

OP
OP
TKgal

TKgal

Feb 15, 2015
California
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my 6 yr old twins won an Amazon Fire hd4 today in the school raffle (if kids have perfect attendance they get their name in the hat). So now I will add the coinstar Amazon gift card to my list.:icon_thumright:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions