Coinstar Variety....

Retired Fire

Dec 29, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, 5"x8" coils for both. Whites PinPointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Popped in to get some groceries today and as usual I checked the Coinstar machine. It looked like some gold and silver to me. I scooped it out and this is what I got! LOL Did get a Wheatie out of the deal. I am pleased all the same.

InkedIMG_20170430_194510486.jpg

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
I also hit the CoinStar yesterday and found a penny and quarter. Kind of wonder why people don't double check the reject hopper...

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A Wheat Penny is a good coinstar find. I always like to see them.

scdigs

Apr 30, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Just gotta keep hitting those until you find something sweet, I got a 1946 Rosie yesterday

OP
OP
Retired Fire

Retired Fire

Dec 29, 2016
Charlotte, NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Ace 400, 5"x8" coils for both. Whites PinPointer.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
metal_detector.gif
I also hit the CoinStar yesterday and found a penny and quarter. Kind of wonder why people don't double check the reject hopper...

Yea really, but I am glad they don't. I heard a guy on a radio show this morning mention the only way he would stand a chance of hitting it rich was to slide by the Coinstar on the way home and get lucky! I wish they wouldn't spread that info around. I mean I doubt anyone would get rich but don't tell everyone where to look!

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
IMG_0115_0187.JPG IMG_0117_0188.JPG Found this a couple of months ago 1944 german penny

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Coin Star can be very productive! :occasion14:

tabman

Bronze Member
Jul 5, 2011
Germantown, Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Presently: CTX 3030, Tesoro Modded Cibola, F75LTD-2, XP Deus, Tesoro Mojave, MXT Pro, Tesoro Eldorado, Whites MXT All Pro, Minelab Equinox, Fisher CZ5 & CZ3D
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice haul! I love it when people give you the look like you are homeless person when you check the reject hopper. It reminds of me of the days way back when people would check the return hopper at phone booths. I bet back in those days you could find plenty of silver coins. LOL

tabman

smittyman

Jun 6, 2012
Charlotte NC
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like checking the Coinstar also - it reminds me of when I was a kid and would check the slots at pay phones. I know a guy who says he takes a pencil and gum to retrieve small items (ear rings and such) from the sifter where the coins are dumped. I tried it once myself and was rewarded with only a tiny plastic gold colored ring.

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Yeah smittyman if you look down in the sifter sometimes there is lots of gold, im sure coinstar knows this too.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread