Dec 30, 2011
Western Territories
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Teknetics G2, Garrett ProPointer
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Today, The Basque and I headed out to Duplin County to search a Union Camp site. I got my first IH penny:laughing7: that was obviously from the post CW era. Camp lead (flattened, cut, spilled, chewed) was found as was some great colored glass fragments. The thimble was a nice surprise (silver? pewter?). Also found were the remains of two metal plates. One has a star, the other a clover leaf?? (Any help is appreciated as to their purpose). Also found was what appears to be the bottom of a rim fire cartridge but I have never seen markings like that. I doubt it is CW but I was unable to find anything on it. I have what I suspect is a cuff button but it needs a cleaning before I dare post it. A wonderful clear blue sky day, even at 24 degrees. :thumbsup:

Attachments

• Duplin County 12 Feb 2012.JPG
    Duplin County 12 Feb 2012.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 305
  • Duplin County 12 Feb 2012 (1).JPG
    Duplin County 12 Feb 2012 (1).JPG
    46.3 KB · Views: 309
  • Duplin County 12 Feb 2012 (2).JPG
    Duplin County 12 Feb 2012 (2).JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 303
  • Duplin County 12 Feb 2012 (3).JPG
    Duplin County 12 Feb 2012 (3).JPG
    41.8 KB · Views: 303
Upvote 0
Congrats on the indian head. Looks like you all found a promising spot. Today was a cold one,you all are hard core hunters!

West Michigan, 35 degree, Whats up with That?
You had a Good hunt today.
It is real hard to find any thing from C.W. era in Michigan. I envy you.
Good Luck
Kevin

Congratulation's Papa Bear :icon_thumright: Another one off the list!!! Still looking for one of those heel plate's :thumbsup:

the star and spade pieces remind me of cookie press dies, but those look pretty old so not sure what they are

Thanks CM1. You think they are heel plates (I had to look it up)? They are copper. I am wondering if they were nailed onto a rifle stock of a leather strap. I am sure that someone on here knows! :sign13:

Papa Bear said:
Thanks CM1. You think they are heel plates (I had to look it up)? They are copper. I am wondering if they were nailed onto a rifle stock of a leather strap. I am sure that someone on here knows! :sign13:

definitely heel plates. nice finds :headbang:

Well excellent!! Thanks CM1 and JF. You are correct. I have them sideways in the photo. Thanks again!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back