What's new

Colfax, New Mexico $2,000 cache found

Tuberale

Gold Member
Joined
May 12, 2010
Messages
5,780
Reaction score
3,460
Golden Thread
0
Location
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
Citation: Gladon, Deek "Sudden Wealth", p. 5, photo caption: "A piece of the past ... the old hotel at Colfax, New Mexico. A treasure hunter found $2,000 buried between the hotel and the schoolhouse in the background."
 
That is interesting. I would like to have more info on that cache find.
Brent
 
I would too. I don't think I have heard of the find anywhere else, though. It may have been a "teaser": a term in writing parlance for getting someone to buy or read the book. While Deek Gladson (aka Carl Miller) may have had the original newspaper article this story might have come from, he did not include it in his book, only the photo. It's up to the researcher (you) to do any follow-up.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom