What's new

Colonial Coppers, Tombac buttons and colonial relics

DCMDer

Jr. Member
Joined
Oct 2, 2007
Messages
54
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Washington DC
Found 5 more colonial coppers in the field that has previously given up a 2 reale cob and 6 coppers. The one on the far left appears to be a William I(ca. 1695-1701). The other 4 coppers unfortunately have no detail remaining. Also found 4 buttons including a nice silver colored Tombac and assorted relics.

Thanks for looking
 

Attachments

  • coins2 001.webp
    coins2 001.webp
    58.7 KB · Views: 769
  • coins3.webp
    coins3.webp
    77.6 KB · Views: 724
Upvote 0
Nice coppers. Sounds like a great spot you got there. Thats alot of oldies from one field. Congratulations. The fourth large copper over (near the smaller one) looks like it may have a little detail left. I think I see a partial bust on it.
 
Thanks evolution. I'll have to look at it a little closer. Also the first copper is actually a William III not William I.
 
One heck of a nice spot you have to hunt! Yes I am jealous.... ;)
 
Man I love those old coppers. Nice work.

Ken
 
Very nice assortment of finds. Congrats!
HH
Mark G
 
Where in the world are you finding field in D.C.? LOL
I'm here in Maryland, If you ever want to get together and hunt civil war or Colonial, just pm me.
Great finds.
 
congrats on the great coppers! I'm still waiting for my first colonial era coin.

WTG!!

Funkman
 
sweeeeeeet !!! hope ya hit an old silver there..... ;D ;D
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom