What's new

COLONIAL SITE PRODUCES THIS WHATZIT?????

pjroo33

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2007
Messages
631
Reaction score
90
Golden Thread
0
Location
Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, XP Deus, Minelab Explorer II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found at a colonial site that dates back to the early 1700's. Any ideas what this might be?
 

Attachments

  • what is it 1.webp
    what is it 1.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 870
  • what is it 2.webp
    what is it 2.webp
    27.8 KB · Views: 891
  • what is it 3.webp
    what is it 3.webp
    29.7 KB · Views: 911
Broken knee said:
Possibly a trigger guard part? HH :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee

Thanks Broken Knee,
It definitely has age to it. I was thinking it might be a gun part, but not sure. I haven't been able to find any trigger guard pictures that look similar???
 
Upvote 0
pjroo33 said:
Broken knee said:
Possibly a trigger guard part? HH :icon_thumright:
Broken Knee

Thanks Broken Knee,
It definitely has age to it. I was thinking it might be a gun part, but not sure. I haven't been able to find any trigger guard pictures that look similar???

looks gun related to me
 
Upvote 0
I'm a little late but yes musket part trigger guard most likely off a pistol like this ..........1812 US Flintlock Martial Pistol.
Take Care,
Pete, :hello:
 

Attachments

  • MVC-002F[1].webp
    MVC-002F[1].webp
    34.8 KB · Views: 820
  • MVC-008F[1].webp
    MVC-008F[1].webp
    44.4 KB · Views: 869
Upvote 0
The shape looks like the one above in the picture but yours seems to have a "finished end" to it on the flat end? Maybe a keyhole swing cover?

Where ya been dude? You been hiding out.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Replies
6
Views
837
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas?
Replies
4
Views
574
  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Any ideas??
Replies
6
Views
732

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom