What's new

Colorado and New Mexico finds.

zmemarine

Full Member
Joined
Feb 6, 2008
Messages
151
Reaction score
3
Golden Thread
0
Any thoughts on what types these are and age of them.
 

Attachments

  • white black.webp
    white black.webp
    94.4 KB · Views: 367
  • white black.webp
    white black.webp
    94.4 KB · Views: 357
  • white black.webp
    white black.webp
    94.4 KB · Views: 355
  • black beauty heartbreakers.webp
    black beauty heartbreakers.webp
    132.8 KB · Views: 370
Upvote 0
Got to give you another SEMPER FI from Michigan. Wife and I also hunt arrowheads in New mexico in the winter months. Not good at IDing points but those are good finds. actually I think all finds are good, lol
 
where were each of them found?? iit helps in the aging process
 
www.projectilepoints.net should help. The first two look to be from new Mexico area correct? Their are several types that style that range from 400 to 600 years old. I'm not familiar with the area but just looked quickly on the internet.
 
Last edited:
Yes they look to be from the New Mexico area
 
The one next to the white one looks like caracara 400-600 years ago
 
The title is "Colorado and New Mexico finds".:tongue3: I am not familiar with that area maybe Bosnmate,Larson or Kuger will see them. Nice looking stuff though as always from that area.
 
The title is "Colorado and New Mexico finds".:tongue3: I am not familiar with that area maybe Bosnmate,Larson or Kuger will see them. Nice looking stuff though as always from that area.

Just saying..the last two look Colorado fitst two new Mexico ... Mabey just last one Colorado actually.
 
Any thoughts on what types these are and age of them.


The white point in the first three photos is either a Oxbow or Stilwell. The obsidian point in the fourth photo is most likely a Pelican Lake, and the other early archaic point resembles a Kirk Serrated. Hope this helps.
 
The title is "Colorado and New Mexico finds".:tongue3: I am not familiar with that area maybe Bosnmate,Larson or Kuger will see them. Nice looking stuff though as always from that area.


What the heck am I ''CHOPPED LIVER''?
 
Haha.. merry Christmas
 
What the heck am I ''CHOPPED LIVER''?
I am terrible at given em names.I have never subscribed to a whole generation only making one type,shape.I personally when knapping will form it into what it wants to be,and I think they did that to.Its my theory/opinion and may not be a popular one,but have found to many styles that werent supposed to be where they were and laying right a long side of others that were supposed to be thousands of years older/newer
 
I am terrible at given em names.I have never subscribed to a whole generation only making one type,shape.I personally when knapping will form it into what it wants to be,and I think they did that to.Its my theory/opinion and may not be a popular one,but have found to many styles that werent supposed to be where they were and laying right a long side of others that were supposed to be thousands of years older/newer

If you're finding them Laying next to each other.. They are no longer in the level of soil...or "matrix" that they started out in.. and are isolated from what was ground level at the time of their making. So several point types from totally different time periods can very easily be lying there together.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom