What's new

Confederate Buckle

buckslayer32

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 3, 2022
Messages
30
Reaction score
126
Golden Thread
0
Found this awesome confederate buckle metal detecting a early 1800s site. What’s interesting is I found this in Northwest Ohio. 🤔 so I’m curious how it wound up here. It’s slightly curved I’m assuming from being hit by farm machinery but others looks great!
 

Attachments

  • 062C3EF3-6DDD-47CB-9299-28D6130B666E.webp
    062C3EF3-6DDD-47CB-9299-28D6130B666E.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 166
Found this awesome confederate buckle metal detecting a early 1800s site. What’s interesting is I found this in Northwest Ohio. 🤔 so I’m curious how it wound up here. It’s slightly curved I’m assuming from being hit by farm machinery but others looks great!
BOOM BABY WTG!!!
 
Fantastic find! How it made its way north is a mystery we shall most likely never know. My great great grandfather was a Confederate Private ( 6th Florida Infantry) that was captured at Missionary Ridge in November 1863. He was in several POW camps till he was eventually transported to the big POW camp at Rock Island Illinois. He was there till the spring of 1865 when the war ended. Family history says he came home in nothing more than rags. So his buckle (if he had one) was left somewhere along the way. Again, fantastic find!
 
Fantastic find! How it made its way north is a mystery we shall most likely never know. My great great grandfather was a Confederate Private ( 6th Florida Infantry) that was captured at Missionary Ridge in November 1863. He was in several POW camps till he was eventually transported to the big POW camp at Rock Island Illinois. He was there till the spring of 1865 when the war ended. Family history says he came home in nothing more than rags. So his buckle (if he had one) was left somewhere along the way. Again, fantastic find!
Really neat family history! I love hearing/learning those stories.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom