Confederate Buckle

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Found this awesome confederate buckle metal detecting a early 1800s site. What’s interesting is I found this in Northwest Ohio. 🤔 so I’m curious how it wound up here. It’s slightly curved I’m assuming from being hit by farm machinery but others looks great!
BOOM BABY WTG!!!

Rmeav8r

Nov 4, 2004
NW Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Makro Simplex+, Nokta Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fantastic find! How it made its way north is a mystery we shall most likely never know. My great great grandfather was a Confederate Private ( 6th Florida Infantry) that was captured at Missionary Ridge in November 1863. He was in several POW camps till he was eventually transported to the big POW camp at Rock Island Illinois. He was there till the spring of 1865 when the war ended. Family history says he came home in nothing more than rags. So his buckle (if he had one) was left somewhere along the way. Again, fantastic find!

OP
OP
buckslayer32

buckslayer32

Apr 3, 2022
Fantastic find! How it made its way north is a mystery we shall most likely never know. My great great grandfather was a Confederate Private ( 6th Florida Infantry) that was captured at Missionary Ridge in November 1863. He was in several POW camps till he was eventually transported to the big POW camp at Rock Island Illinois. He was there till the spring of 1865 when the war ended. Family history says he came home in nothing more than rags. So his buckle (if he had one) was left somewhere along the way. Again, fantastic find!
Really neat family history! I love hearing/learning those stories.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread